|Title:||External Affairs Assistant Manager|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the top quality RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid, the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450H vehicles.
The world famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals. We have been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years. To promote a comfortable, safe and productive work environment, as well as to comply with all federal, provincial and/or local laws, TMMC is a smoke free property.
What We Offer
- 19 Paid Days off during the year in which their first anniversary falls, plus 5 Floating Holidays
- Flexible Toyota Employee Benefits Program
- Maternity and paternal leave top-up program
- Reimbursement for professional development, memberships, licenses, tuition fees and books for most courses
- Free on-site 30,000 sq ft fitness facility with fitness classes, squash and racquetball courts, weight and cardio room and a fully-staffed health centre
- Employee & Family Vehicle Discounts
Working for the Senior National Manager of External Affairs, you will be the primary contact with our external stakeholders and partners. You will be responsible for advancing Toyota’s corporate standing by shaping policy, promoting our corporate positions, building strategic relationships within Government and Industry and gaining internal Toyota alignment on key issues.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Champion Toyota’s corporate position into policies
- Lead the integration and alignment of operations, corporate teams and the broader Toyota organization’s corporate position on business risks
- Interface with manufacturing and operations to understand risks/opportunities
- Build strategic partnerships with NGO’s/Associations/R&D
- Develop, recommend and negotiate contracts and agreements with the Government/NGO’s for incentives/funding
- Develop and implement communication strategies for all issues that impact Toyota’s manufacturing competitiveness
- Manage internal and external events
- Lead strategic deployment of CSR, following Toyota global corporate objectives
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree in Public Affairs, Political Science or related technical discipline
- 7 to 10 years of experience in Public Affairs/Government Relations or Public facing role
- Demonstrated experience in the formulation of position papers to support policy development
- Demonstrated experience in leading broad and complex change initiatives through a collaborative approach
- Exceptional communication skills – written, presentations and verbal
- Advanced negotiation, persuasion and strategic planning skills
- Collaborative relationship building/consensus building
- Strong business acumen and political awareness
- Advanced management skills – technical, conceptual and interpersonal
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.