|Title:||Vehicle Product Analyst, Engineering|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. Our plants currently manufacture the best-selling Toyota RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h vehicles, and will also soon be building the popular Lexus NX and Lexus NX Hybrid models. Recognized year after year on the global stage for manufacturing quality by our customers, we are also recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
The world-famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
What We Offer
- Compensation package includes overtime pay, annual bonus, flexible benefits program and defined contribution pension plan
- 19 Paid Days off during the year in which their first anniversary falls, plus 5 Floating Holidays that generally fall between Christmas and New Year
- Maternity and parental leave program has Employment Insurance (EI) top-up 5
- Reimbursement for professional development and tuition fees
- Employee & Family Vehicle Discounts
The Vehicle Product Analyst, Engineering plays a key role in ensuring customer satisfaction and achieving warranty and Initial Quality Study (IQS) targets through the analysis, coordination and resolution of field quality concerns. By taking a systematic approach, you are responsible for investigating, analyzing, reporting and following up on resolution to field issues. This role offers the opportunity to work with a talented Quality Control and Manufacturing team, as well designers, customers and suppliers. Your exceptional data mining, communication and facilitation skills will be critical to your success in this hands-on role in plant activities to improve the quality of the vehicles. A genuine interest and mechanical understanding of vehicle systems, interior and exterior parts is key.
What you’ll be doing
- Use systematic approach and collaboration with internal and external teams to investigate, report and follow up on customer field concerns and quality issues
- Data mine large amounts of raw data to analyze field quality trends and emerging issues
- Manage customer satisfaction key performance indicator improvement and reporting (Manufacturing shops, Design, and Supplier focus)
- Support cross-functional problem solving related to vehicle design, supplied part and in-house manufacturing or inspection processes
- Administer Warranty Reduction Program including cost and claim allocation & recovery
- Coordinate vehicle specific activities such as Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) checks, and vehicle buyback processing
- Report vehicle field quality status to all levels of the organization on a regular basis
- Support special projects as required
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent degree
- Must meet the educational and character requirements for P.Eng designation eligibility
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of related post graduate work experience in quality analysis
- Strong analytical skills (large amounts of data mining, trending and reporting)
- Demonstrated understanding of vehicle systems and components (Run, stop, steer, electrical, fit and finish)
- Advanced Excel skills; experience with MS Access and VBA would be an asset
- Experience at the original equipment manufacturing (OEM) level with respect to field data analysis and warranty issue resolution is preferred
- Experience in dealing with customer concern resolution processes is preferred
- Knowledge of some manufacturing processes is an asset (i.e. blow molding, stamping, painting, etc)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to combine theory and practical hands-on approach
- Willing to support daily and weekend overtime requirements as needed
- Possible travel to USA and Japan (< 5%)
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock
To promote a comfortable, safe and productive work environment, as well as to comply with all federal, provincial and/or local laws, TMMC is a smoke free property.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.