|Title:||Manufacturing Engineering Analyst, Plastics|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. Our plants currently manufacture the best-selling Toyota RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h vehicles, and will also soon be building the popular Lexus NX and Lexus NX Hybrid models. Recognized year after year on the global stage for manufacturing quality by our customers, we are also recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
The world-famous Toyota Production System (TPS), a philosophy of continuous improvement, and on-going training enable each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to innovate and achieve team goals. We are looking for engineers that are excited to join us as we advance the next-generation in-vehicle and manufacturing technologies that keep us at the automotive forefront.
What We Offer
- Compensation package includes overtime pay, annual bonus, flexible benefits program and defined contribution pension plan
- 19 Paid Days off during the year in which their first anniversary falls, plus 5 Floating Holidays that generally fall between Christmas and New Year
- Maternity and parental leave program has Employment Insurance (EI) top-up 5
- Reimbursement for professional development and tuition fees
- Employee & Family Vehicle Discounts
- Social Events and an On-Site Fitness Facility
Engineering Analyst, South Plastics #21-077
As an Engineering Analyst – Plastics, you will be very hands on in problem solving and project work. You will be involved in capex projects that will involve planning, investigation, and execution of changes and of course, strong project management skills. Your critical thinking and focus on improvement will help you succeed in this role. You should also bring a strong team first mentality and be able to work with cross functional groups.
What you’ll be doing
- Monitor process and equipment performance to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Support kaizen projects with emphasis on cost reduction, and machine cycle time reduction
- Lead yearly capex projects with focus on equipment refurbishment and replacement
- Collect and archive legal documentation, to ensure equipment safety and compliance (Pre-start Health and Safety Review, Lifting Device certification, etc.)
- Develop innovative solutions to improve recycling of manufacturing plastics (polypropylene, thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU), etc.
Desired Skills and Experiences
To promote a comfortable, safe and productive work environment, as well as to comply with all federal, provincial and/or local laws, TMMC is a smoke-free property.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.