|Title:||Materials Ordering Specialist|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the top quality RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid, the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450H vehicles.
The world famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals. We have been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years.
What We Offer
- 19 Paid Days off during the year in which their first anniversary falls, plus 5 Floating Holidays
- Flexible Toyota Employee Benefits Program
- Maternity and paternal leave top-up program
- Reimbursement for professional development, memberships, licenses, tuition fees and books for most courses
- Free on-site 30,000 sq ft fitness facility with fitness classes, squash and racquetball courts, weight and cardio room and a fully-staffed health centre
- Employee & Family Vehicle Discounts
What you’ll be doing
- Daily Management: Responsible for the management of approximately 500 parts from 30 North American suppliers
- Abnormal Parts Management: Management of overflow and short part situations
- Project: Support project assignments (20% Project)
- Supplier Management: Monitor abnormal conditions; coordinate crisis recovery and make recommendations
- University Degree in Business, Mathematics, Supply Chain or Science
Desired Skills and Experience
- Toyota Production System (TPS): Willingness to learn and apply TPS principles
- Logistics: Ability to apply analytics to a supply chain environment.
- Computer Skills: Strong Microsoft Office skills, as well as an aptitude to learn new systems is essential. Advanced MS Excel and/or Access skills would be an asset.
- Self-Motivation: Ability to complete tasks through to fruition
- Team Mindset: Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Organizational Skills: Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Problem Solver: Ability to interpret complex issues and implement sustainable solutions
- Communication: Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility: Mindset to provide a wide range of support activities in a dynamic environment
- Calculations: Strong mathematical aptitude
- Travel: Comfortable to travel independently in North America and Overseas. Must be legally eligible to enter the USA
- Dedication: Able to support daily overtime based on business condition and willingness to work in either Cambridge or Woodstock
TMMC as an Employer of Choice
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2019 – TMMC has been named to this national list for 15 consecutive years
- Canada’s Family Friendly Employers 2019
- Canada's Greenest Employer 2019
- Waterloo’s Top Employers for 2019 – annual competition recognizing exceptional places to work
- 18 J.D. Power and Associates Plant Quality Awards
- Team Member volunteerism reward programs
- Strong United Way Supporter – TMMC has raised over $10 million for the UW through our annual campaigns
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.