|Title:||Vehicle Quality Engineering Analyst|
|Section:||Quality Control - QCE|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
TOYOTA MOTOR MANUFACTURING CANADA INC.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the gas and hybrid models of the Toyota RAV4, the Lexus RX, and Lexus NX. Recognized year after year on the global stage for manufacturing quality by our customers, we are also recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
The world-famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and ongoing training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The results of our company stem from hiring committed, self-motivated team members, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals. We are looking for engineers that are excited to join us as we advance the next generation in vehicle and manufacturing technologies that keep us in the automotive forefront.
Contract Duration: 18 months
What we offer
We see the value in learning from each other. That’s why we inspire collaboration and team building at every turn. Working with a variety of experts, you’ll form strong relationships, gain mentorship and expand your knowledge. And with both formal and on-the-job training, you’ll get the support to reach your goals – and keep setting new ones. Around here, every day is new, exciting and packed with opportunities.
- Competitive compensation package including overtime pay and annual bonus
- Flexible health benefits plan after 12 weeks; including Medical, Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance and a Health Care Spending Account
- 12-Paid vacation days, including 1-week in July
- Voluntary Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) or a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA), conveniently funded by Team Member payroll contributions
- Vitality Wellness App that encourages and rewards you for leading a healthier lifestyle
- Company Diversity and Inclusion business partnering groups
- Employee Vehicle Discounts
- Build friendly and long-lasting relationships through social events and an on-site fitness facility
What the role offers
- Opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of a vast range of traditional and innovative automotive manufacturing processes
- Collaboration and exposure to a variety of disciplines such as Production, Design, Purchasing, Project Management, and Production Control & Logistics
- Rotation and opportunities to learn different vehicle modules throughout your career
- Opportunity to learn and be mentored in the Toyota Way by supportive colleagues and management team
- High level of responsibility and ownership for projects that have a direct impact on the quality of the vehicle
As a Quality Control Engineering (QCE) team member, you’ll have everything you need to explore your ideas and achieve your highest potential. Not only will you be empowered to impact the entire automotive industry, you’ll bring quality and safety to your community. It’s all part of the pride that comes with joining a world-renowned company that’s accelerating the future. The QCE department is responsible for both supplied parts quality and final vehicle quality throughout the vehicle life cycle – from design development input, through to mass production and field quality. You will be responsible for ensuring your vehicle module consistently meets all the design and performance expectations (Modules: Powertrain, Chassis, Electrical, Interior, Exterior, Body, Paint). This is a dynamic role that involves more than 50% hands-on problem solving.
To learn more about what it's like to work as a Vehicle Quality Engineering Analyst at TMMC visit https://tmmc-engineeringjobs.com/
What you’ll be doing
- Manage portfolio of supplier parts for assigned vehicle module: quality Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), design and supplier change points, and root cause analysis investigations
- Oversee suppliers through the Toyota Supplier Quality Assurance Manual (SQAM) Part Approval and change management processes by ensuring that all design and quality requirements are met
- Support training of QC Engineering Analysts in standard QC modules
- Support Suppliers through critical quality flow out events by managing escalation meetings, onsite support and verification, and review/approval of root cause and countermeasures
- Support deployment of the Quality improvements (hoshin) within TMMC
- Manage/facilitate vehicle assurance strategies (unintended interior noise, water leak, emissions, etc.)
- Support cross-functional problem-solving activities related to product design, supplied part, in-house manufacturing processes, and inspection processes
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, other technical degree, or comparable education with additional experience is required
- Minimum of 1-3 years of engineering experience in a similar role is required (such as Product, Quality or Manufacturing Engineering)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to complete complex investigations and gain consensus
- Demonstrated critical thinking using Toyota Business Practice (TBP) methodology, hands-on problem solving and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to support multiple projects or assignments with autonomy and accountability for results
- Strong sense of Toyota values and customer service in daily activities
- Ability to adapt to multiple challenges and quick changes in priorities
- Knowledgeable in at least 1 vehicle module (Powertrain, Chassis, Electrical, Interior, Exterior, Body, Paint) with fundamental understanding of vehicle design structures and QC processes is preferred
- Able to support travel within North America and to Japan
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock plant locations
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.