|Title:||Production Operations Analyst, Planning|
|Section:||Production Control (PC)|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. Our plants currently manufacture the best-selling Toyota RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid, the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h vehicles and the popular Lexus NX and Lexus NX Hybrid models. Recognized year after year on the global stage for manufacturing quality by our customers, we are also recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
The world-famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package includes overtime pay, annual bonus, flexible benefits program and defined contribution pension plan
- 19 Paid Days off during the year in which their first anniversary falls, plus 5 Floating Holidays that generally fall between Christmas and New Year
- Family is important - maternity and parental leave program has Employment Insurance (EI) top-up 5
- Career support through reimbursement for professional development and tuition fees
- Vitality Wellness App that encourages and rewards you for leading a healthier lifestyle
- Company Diversity and Inclusion business partnering groups
- Employee & Family Vehicle Discounts
- Build friendly and long-lasting relationships through social events and an on-site fitness facility
We currently have 2 permanent positions available.
The Production Operations Analyst, Planning position provides a Team Member with the opportunity to build a solid foundation in the Toyota Production System (TPS) and “Just-In-Time” principles. Team Members will be exposed to Toyota’s world class production facility with a focus on vehicle throughput management across the Weld, Paint and Assembly shops. Direct interaction with the production shop-floor will strengthen our Team Member’s operational skill-set while project assignments will allow our Team Members to develop strong leadership, project management and presentation skills. Team Members can continue to shape their career development aspirations within the Production Control Silo by building upon the technical strengths developed in the Control Room and apply them towards other areas of the supply chain.
To learn more about our Production Control/Supply Chain department click here to check out our Career Page.
What you’ll be doing
Daily Management (70%):
- Conduct plant wide monitoring (Central Hub) of the Lexus RX, Rav4 and Rav4 Hybrid production lines with real-time analysis of internal plant inventory levels between shops (Weld / Paint / Assembly) and down-time condition impact
- Make Production line stop/start recommendations with timely and accurate company-wide communication (production down-time escalation) and condition reporting
- Process Vehicle Orders; monthly, weekly and daily vehicle order acceptance into Toyota’s production control build sequencing system including change management analysis and vehicle progression tracking
External Operations (Sequence Suppliers):
- Direct support of component parts sequencing with multiple near-site (local) suppliers including system set-up, data transmission, change management, and on-time delivery confirmation
- Support projects such as Model Year changes and yearly Shut-down planning
- Lead self-driven activities and tasks that support data analytics to advance Toyota’s business condition
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Mathematics, Engineering, Science or other equivalent degree
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and knowledge of database interaction; ability to write SQL queries
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and evaluate results; proven aptitude for working with numbers
- Strong problem-solving skills to identify and interpret complex issues and implement sustainable solutions
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills; ability to work in a team, across multiple sections, departments and companies while considering various levels of management and stakeholders
- Flexible to support rotating shifts (bi-weekly)
- Willing to support daily and weekend overtime requirements as needed
- Possible travel within North America, as well as Overseas (less than 10% per year)
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock plant locations
- All internal applications must be submitted through tm.tmmc.ca
- For more information about the Production Control Department, in a new browser window copy and paste this link https://tmmc.ca/en/production-control-individual-job/
If you have any questions, please reach out to TMMC_Recruitment@Toyota.com. To promote a comfortable, safe and productive work environment, as well as to comply with all federal, provincial and/or local laws, TMMC is a smoke-free property.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.