Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the top-quality Toyota RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h vehicles. We have been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years.
The world-famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
Quality Engineering Specialist
As a QC Engineering Specialist you would be responsible to:
CURRENT VEHICLE ROLE
- Ensure your vehicle module/system (i.e. Powertrain, Chassis, Electrical, Interior, Exterior, etc.) consistently meets all the fit, function, design and performance expectations.
· Lead and manage problem-solving activities related to product design, supplied part quality, manufacturing processes, inspection processes, and equipment.
- Implement risk management activities as a result of design or process changes in-house or at our parts suppliers to ensure they meet Toyota’s specifications.
- Conduct customer and warranty investigations and implement solutions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage supplier quality indicators and improvement activities.
FUTURE VEHICLE DEVELOPMENT ROLE
- Work hand-in-hand with Product Design and Product Planning to develop parts and integrate systems for our future vehicle models.
- Actively participate in the Product Development cycle (Design concept, 3D/2D drawing reviews, prototype evaluation, local trials, and mass production)
- Closely work with our suppliers to ensure their manufacturing and inspection processes are designed to meet Toyota’s quality expectations.
- Utilize CAD, GD&T, Datum Theory and Design for Manufacturing (DfM) knowledge to influence the design of components and vehicle systems.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (P.Eng. eligible).
- 2-5 years of related experience (Product Engineering or Manufacturing Processes).
- Automotive manufacturing experience is preferred (Component or OEM level).
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to combine theory with hands on approach.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts to individuals with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Experience with Design of Experiments, GD&T and Statistical Process Control.
- Able to work at both Woodstock and/or Cambridge locations.
- Able to travel within North America and Japan as required. Must be legally eligible to enter the USA.
What We Offer
- Active participation in Product Design and Product Evaluation activities.
- Challenging role that starts in our current model team with end-to-end responsibility for a vehicle module or system (i.e. Powertrain, Chassis, Electrical, Interior, Exterior, etc.)
- Opportunities to rotate to different groups and learn different vehicle modules throughout your career.
- Constant engagement in problem solving using Toyota's famous problem-solving methods.
- Participation in cross-functional teams, working with Design, Suppliers, in-house shops, sales, and planning.
- Dynamic role (more than 50% hands-on problem solving) in a fast paced, team environment.
- Opportunity to learn and be mentored in the Toyota Way.
- Opportunities to apply Design of Experiments (DoE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC) techniques to solve problems and optimize processes.
- Tuition Reimbursement Proram
- Free onsite 30,000 sq.ft. fitness facility
- Employee & Family vehicle discounts
- Team building and Social Events
TMMC as an Employer of Choice
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2019 – TMMC has been named to this national list for 15 consecutive years
- Canada’s Family Friendly Employers 2019
- Canada's Greenest Employer 2019
- Waterloo’s Top Employers for 2019 – annual competition recognizing exceptional places to work
- 18 J.D. Power and Associates Plant Quality Awards
- Team Member volunteerism reward programs
- Strong United Way Supporter – TMMC has raised over $10 million for the UW through our annual campaigns
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.