|Title:||Engineering Analyst, West Weld|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the gas and hybrid models of the Toyota RAV4, the Lexus RX, and the Lexus NX. Recognized year after year on the global stage for manufacturing quality by our customers, we are also recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
The world-famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and ongoing training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The results of our company stem from hiring committed, self-motivated team members, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
We see the value in learning from each other. That’s why we inspire collaboration and team building at every turn. Working with a variety of experts, you’ll form strong relationships, gain mentorship and expand your knowledge. And with both formal and on-the-job training, you’ll get the support to reach your goals – and keep setting new ones. Around here, every day is new, exciting and packed with opportunities.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with contribution matching by TMMC and Flexible Health Care Benefits starting on date of hire
- 19 Paid Days off during the year in which their first anniversary falls, plus 5 Company Designated Holidays that generally fall between Christmas and New Year
- Voluntary Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) or a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA), conveniently funded by Team Member payroll contributions.
- Family is important - maternity and parental leave program has Employment Insurance (EI) top-up.
- Career support through reimbursement for professional development tuition fees
- Vitality Wellness App that encourages and rewards you for living a healthier lifestyle.
- Company Diversity and Inclusion business partnering groups.
- Employee & Family Vehicle Discounts
- Develop friendly and long-lasting relationships through social events and an on-site fitness facility.
As the Engineering Analyst - West Weld, you will be very hands on in problem solving and project work. You will be responsible for project implementation, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) achievement and resolving shop problems through root cause analysis and Toyota Business Practice (TBP) problem solving. Your clear communication skills and cross functional team approach will allow you to work effectively with TMMC team members in continuous improvement. This role provides technical leadership and collaborates with Production, Maintenance, and Quality to ensure performance targets are achieved. Your critical thinking, hands-on approach, strong team first mindset, focus on improvement and ability to work effectively with cross functional groups will be vital your success in this role.
What you’ll be doing
- Strengthen KPI achievement through data driven analysis with emphasis on safety adherence, quality improvements, cost reduction, throughput increase and efficient manufacturing processes.
- Support capital investment projects and manage all aspects of execution (budget, developing scope and equipment/process specifications, bid, procurement, installation, integration, commissioning, and buyoff)
- Contribute to Standardized Work & Kaizen study, kaizen circles, process reduction studies using TPS tools for process study.
- Evaluate and confirm Feasibility Study Requests (FSR), ECI (Engineering Change Instructions) and ECR (Engineering Change Requests)
- Implementation of process/equipment standards, sustainable quality improvements, and systems (ex. Poka-yoke, Weld Quality Assurance)
- Quality outflow investigation for weld, sealer, surface, & fit quality investigation, analysis, and recurrence prevention
- Determine process/equipment necessary conditions to establish capable process.
- Support cost competitiveness for daily operations (repairs & maintenance, raw and indirect materials, labour, etc.)
- Drive continuous improvement of manufacturing activities through detailed analytical reviews, equipment refurbishment, equipment obsolesces, process automation, fixture/tooling design, data driven analysis, mid to long-term planning, and implementation.
- Support Cross functional teams to identify root cause and countermeasure Quality & Productivity issues.
- Provide expertise and solutions for process capability improvements.
- Support investigations and resolution of safety & ergonomic concerns in a timely manner
- Support shop change points (ex. Takt Change / Minor Model Year refresh)
- Weekend Work / Shutdown coordination / Co-op student management
- Maintain management systems to ensure standardization and compliance; ensure equipment and systems comply with relevant standards and legislation.
- Provide, maintain, and audit technical and safety standards for designated area within weld shop (Canadian Standards Association (CSA), Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA), Pre-Start Health & Safety Review (PSHSR), Electrical Safety Authority (ESA), etc.); collect and archive legal documentation to ensure equipment safety and compliance.
- Coordinate projects with TMNA affiliates and work with other TMNA affiliates for support on projects/problem solving.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, other technical degree, or comparable education with additional experience is required.
- Minimum of 1– 3 years of practical engineering experience within a high-volume manufacturing environment (Welding, Robotic Welding, Mechanical, Electrical, Controls, Mechatronics and Process Engineering is preferred)
- Multi-disciplinary experience in process or equipment engineering
- Engineering experience in a weld shop environment is preferred.
- Experience leading equipment installation, refurbishment and troubleshooting issues.
- Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis for quality issues and experience supporting quality system improvement activities.
- Strong understanding of equipment design, safeguarding and functionality
- Demonstrated critical thinking, effective decision making, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to break through barriers/obstacles and work independently.
- Demonstrated capability to lead without authority (ex. Takt/Minor/Model/Process changes – TMC, TEMA or another department coordination)
- Experience and demonstrated capability to work effectively with others for problem solving, driving project progression, and implementing change.
- Demonstrated leadership capability to gain consensus and drive project progress.
- Demonstrated effective network development for project coordination.
- Strong project management skills for leading capital investment projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects or assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to and prioritize multiple challenges and quick changes in priorities.
- Willing to support daily and weekend overtime requirements as needed.
- Possible travel to USA and Japan (1-2 times/year)
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock plant locations.
If you have any questions, please reach out to TMMC_Recruitment@Toyota.com.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We believe in enabling people to work together and realize their full potential. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.
TMMC is a smoke-free property.