|Title:||Vehicle Quality Engineering|
|Section:||Quality Control - QCE|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Transform your career with TMMC
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. Our plants currently manufacture the best-selling Toyota RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid, the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h vehicles, and the popular Lexus NX and Lexus NX Hybrid models. Recognized year after year on the global stage for manufacturing quality by our customers, we are also recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
The world-famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and ongoing training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The results of our company stem from hiring committed, self-motivated team members, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals. We are looking for engineers that are excited to join us as we advance the next generation in vehicle and manufacturing technologies that keep us at the automotive forefront.
As a Quality Control Engineering team member, you’ll have everything you need to explore your ideas and achieve your highest potential. Not only will you be empowered to impact the entire automotive industry, you’ll bring quality and safety to your community. It’s all part of the pride that comes with joining a world-renowned company that’s accelerating the future. The QCE department is responsible for both supplied parts quality and final vehicle quality throughout the vehicle life cycle – from design development input to mass production and field quality. You will be responsible for ensuring your vehicle module consistently meets all the design and performance expectations (Modules include: Powertrain, Chassis, Electrical, Interior, Exterior, Body, Paint). This is a dynamic role that involves more than 50% hands-on problem-solving.
- Support cross functional problem-solving activities related to product design, supplied part, in-house manufacturing processes, and inspection processes.
- Support in-house manufacturing and supplier part performance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) improvement through genchi genbutsu (“go & see”) activities, and application of Toyota Production System (TPS) methods.
- Effectively lead change management activities as a result of design or in-house and supplier process changes to ensure change meets safety, quality, or productivity requirements.
- Identify and resolve product challenges prior to bringing the vehicle to mass production.
- Manage parts suppliers through the Toyota Part Approval process by ensuring that all design and quality requirements are met per Toyota’s gated project management milestones and Supplier Quality Assurance Manual.
- Assist with field quality warranty investigations and purpose solutions to enhance customer satisfaction.
To learn more about what it's like to work as a Vehicle Quality Engineering Analyst at TMMC visit https://tmmc-engineeringjobs.com/
TMMC QCE offers many opportunities for me to continuously develop myself to become an expert in problem-solving. I feel proud knowing that I work in a manufacturing plant that builds the most demanded SUVs in North America and my work directly impacts the customers. - Joonmin, QCE Engineering Analyst
We see the value in learning from each other. That’s why we inspire collaboration and teambuilding at every turn. Working with a variety of experts, you’ll form strong relationships, gain mentorship and expand your knowledge. And with both formal and on-the-job training, you’ll get the support to reach your goals – and keep setting new ones. Around here, every day is new, exciting and packed with opportunities.
Here’s a look at what we offer:
- Competitive compensation package includes overtime pay, annual bonus, flexible benefits program and defined contribution pension plan
- 19 Paid Days off during the year in which their first anniversary falls, plus 5 Floating Holidays that generally fall between Christmas and New Year
- Family is important - maternity and parental leave program has Employment Insurance (EI) top-up
- Career support through reimbursement for professional development and tuition fees
- Vitality Wellness App that encourages and rewards you for living a healthier lifestyle
- Company Diversity and Inclusion business partnering groups
- Employee & Family Vehicle Discounts
- Develop friendly and long-lasting relationships through social events and an on-site fitness facility
What We Offer
- Standardized initial 4-week training program and ongoing developmental support which includes in-class training modules, on the job training and mentor support
- Collaboration and exposure to a variety of disciplines such as Production, Design, Purchasing, Project Management, and Production Control & Logistics
- Rotation and opportunities to learn different vehicle modules throughout your career
- Opportunity to learn and be mentored in the Toyota Way by supportive colleagues and management team
- High level of responsibility and ownership for projects that have a direct impact on the quality of the vehicle
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent degree is required
- Must meet the educational and character requirements for P.Eng. license eligibility
- Minimum of new graduate to 2 year’s experience working in a technical role (will consider relevant co-op and summer employment experience)
- Experience successfully leading focused technical projects or contributing to large project work under guidance of an experienced lead.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills (Design of Experiments (DoE), Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), and Statistical Process Control (SPC) experience is an asset)
- Effective communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts to individuals with varying degrees of technical knowledge
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Team player with the ability to collaborate and interact with other groups
- Demonstrated planning and organizing skills
- Willing to support daily and weekend overtime requirements as needed
- Able to support travel within North America, and to Japan
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock plant locations
We’re one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for a reason. We invest in our people, our products and our communities – and we never stop thinking about what’s next. When you join our team, you’ll leave your mark on big projects that make an even bigger impact. From building the most demanded SUV class vehicle to setting new records for quality, you can drive exciting breakthroughs for the industry – and your career.
If you have any questions, please reach out to TMMC_Recruitment@Toyota.com.
To promote a comfortable, safe and productive work environment, as well as to comply with all federal, provincial and/or local laws, TMMC is a smoke-free property. TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.