|Title:||Finance Specialist, Tax and Treasury|
|Location:||Cambridge and Woodstock|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the top quality Toyota Corolla, RAV4, and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h. We have been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years.
The world famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
The Finance Specialist will be responsible for supporting day to day activities in accounts payable and accounts receivable. This position requires strong interpersonal skills to support and work with the internal customers and external vendors. The successful individual will demonstrate their multitasking, organization and prioritization skills, showing flexibility and versatility to embrace change. Motivation and innovation is encouraged to improve existing processes and learn new systems to provide visibility meeting the key performance indicators and conveying the departments overall targets. With these attributes this can lead to an opportunity for further development and advancement.
- Confirm all vendors are paid in accordance to their payment terms.
- Continuous follow up to ensure all customers’ collections are collected and cash is paid is in accordance to payment terms.
- Ensure all policies are followed; SOX Business level controls are followed.
- Timely reconciliation review and approval with no reconciliation items.
- Financial forecasting and other mandatory tasks within the Tax and Treasury section of the Finance department.
- Balance sheet accounts are accurate to reflect TMMC financial position.
- Ensure Cash paid is in accordance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Business, Accounting or other related education.
- An interest in working towards CGA/CMA/CPA designation is an asset.
- 2-3 years accounting experience in a large corporate environment advantageous.
- Tax experience would be an asset.
- Intermediate working experience in Excel is required with some SAP knowledge.
- Able to work under pressure when multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy is maintained.
- Proven project management skills and taking responsibility for actions taken.
- Possible travel to North America affiliates. Approx. less than 5% local, less than 5% U.S.A.
- Able to support overtime as and when required. Approx. 20 hours per month on average depending upon business requirements.
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: