|Title:||Manufacturing Engineering Analyst, Weld|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. Our plants currently manufacture the best-selling Toyota RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h vehicles, and will also soon be building the popular Lexus NX and Lexus NX Hybrid models. Recognized year after year on the global stage for manufacturing quality by our customers, we are also recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
The world-famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
What We Offer
- Compensation package includes overtime pay, annual bonus, flexible benefits program and defined contribution pension plan
- 19 Paid Days off during the year in which their first anniversary falls, plus 5 Floating Holidays that generally fall between Christmas and New Year
- Maternity and parental leave program has Employment Insurance (EI) top-up 5
- Reimbursement for professional development and tuition fees
- Employee & Family Vehicle Discounts
- Social Events and an On-Site Fitness Facility
As the Engineering Analyst - West Weld, you will be very hands on in problem solving and project work. You will be responsible for project implementation, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) achievement and resolving shop problems through root cause analysis and Toyota Business Practice (TBP) problem solving. Your clear communication skills and cross functional team approach will allow you to work effectively with TMMC team members in continuous improvement. This role provides technical leadership and collaborates with Production, Maintenance, and Quality to ensure performance targets are achieved. Your critical thinking, hands-on approach, strong team first mindset, focus on improvement and ability to work effectively with cross functional groups will be vital your success in this role.
- Support capital investment projects and manage all aspects of execution (budget, developing scope and equipment/process specifications, bid, procurement, installation, integration, commissioning, and buyoff)
- Contribute to Standardized Work & Kaizen study, kaizen circles, process reduction studies using TPS tools for process study.
- Evaluate and confirm Feasibility Study Requests (FSR), ECI (Engineering Change Instructions) and ECR (Engineering Change Requests)
- Implementation of process/equipment standards, sustainable quality improvements, and systems (ex. Poka-yoke, Weld Quality Assurance)
- Support cost competitiveness for daily operations (repairs & maintenance, raw and indirect materials, labour, etc.)
- Drive continuous improvement of manufacturing activities through detailed analytical reviews, equipment refurbishment, equipment obsolesces, process automation, fixture/tooling design, data driven analysis, mid to long-term planning, and implementation
- Support Cross functional teams to identify root cause and countermeasure Quality & Productivity issues
- Provide expertise and solutions for process capability improvements
- Support investigations and resolution of safety & ergonomic concerns in a timely manner
- Support shop change points (ex. Takt Change / Minor Model Year refresh)
- Maintain management systems to ensure standardization and compliance; ensure equipment and systems comply with relevant standards and legislation
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of equipment design, safe guarding and functionality
- Demonstrated critical thinking, effective decision making, and strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to break through barriers/obstacles and work independently
- Demonstrated capability to lead without authority (ex. Takt/Minor/Model/Process changes – TMC, TEMA or another department coordination)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to support daily and weekend overtime requirements as needed
- Possible travel to USA and Japan (1-2 times/year)
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock
To promote a comfortable, safe and productive work environment, as well as to comply with all federal, provincial and/or local laws, TMMC is a smoke free property.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.