|Manufacturing Engineering, Assembly
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the gas and hybrid models of the Toyota RAV4, the Lexus RX, and the Lexus NX. Recognized year after year on the global stage for manufacturing quality by our customers, we are also recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
The world-famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and ongoing training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The results of our company stem from hiring committed, self-motivated team members, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
We see the value in learning from each other. That’s why we inspire collaboration and team building at every turn. Working with a variety of experts, you’ll form strong relationships, gain mentorship and expand your knowledge. And with both formal and on-the-job training, you’ll get the support to reach your goals – and keep setting new ones. Around here, every day is new, exciting and packed with opportunities.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with contribution matching by TMMC and Flexible Health Care Benefits starting on date of hire
- 19 Paid Days off during the year in which their first anniversary falls, plus 5 Company Designated Holidays that generally fall between Christmas and New Year
- Voluntary Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) or a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA), conveniently funded by Team Member payroll contributions
- Family is important - maternity and parental leave program has Employment Insurance (EI) top-up
- Career support through reimbursement for professional development tuition fees
- Vitality Wellness App that encourages and rewards you for living a healthier lifestyle
- Company Diversity and Inclusion business partnering groups
- Employee & Family Vehicle Discounts
- Develop friendly and long-lasting relationships through social events and an on-site fitness facility
As an Engineering Analyst – West Assembly at TMMC, you will be responsible for project implementation, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) achievement (ergonomics, quality output, and process efficiency/cycle time improvements) and resolving shop problems through root cause analysis and Toyota Business Practice (TBP) problem solving. Your clear communication skills and cross-functional team approach will allow you to work effectively with TMMC team members on continuous improvement initiatives. In this role, you will provide technical direction and collaborate with operations and maintenance to ensure performance targets are achieved for your assigned process area. Just as the company is known for knowledge and best practice sharing, the Engineering Analysts are also given the opportunity to develop training plans to share their knowledge in an area of expertise.
What you’ll be doing
- Cultivate continuous improvement of manufacturing activities through detailed critical thinking reviews, process automation and fixture/tooling design
- Work with Production, Maintenance and/or external contractors on kaizen projects with an emphasis on cost reduction, cycle time reduction, material flow, quality improvements and efficient manufacturing processes
- Lead capital investment projects and guide all aspects of implementation (i.e. budget, schedule, install, commissioning and buy-off)
- Monitor process and equipment performance to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Develop and sustain assembly systems (ex. Controls Systems and Drawings, Poka-yoke, Kanban Systems etc.)
- Evaluate process equipment and tooling requirements, define specifications, lead procurement and effective integration into plant operations
- Lead troubleshooting and problem-solving activities, provide solutions and support for the process, quality, and equipment related issues to prevent defect flow-out
- Co-ordinate external skilled trades and supplier activities
- Investigate and address issues to ensure safety and ergonomic concerns are resolved in a timely manner
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, other technical degree, or comparable education with additional experience is required
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years engineering experience (in assembly plant or automotive preferred) with high emphasis on process design, setup improvements or kaizen (industrial engineering type applications)
- Multidisciplinary experience in process or equipment engineering (Mechanics, Pneumatics/Hydraulics and Control Systems)
- Excellent problem-solving skills related to quality and productivity KPIs in assembly (automotive preferred)
- Excellent project management skills related to leading equipment installation and refurbishment
- Experience applying current manufacturing standards and practices is preferred (Machine Guarding, OHSA, Pre-Start Health & Safety Review (PSR), Electrical Code)
- Demonstrated track record to facilitate and implement changes
- Working knowledge of programmable logic controllers (Allen Bradley, Toyopuc) is preferred
- Willing to support daily and weekend overtime requirements as needed
- Possible travel to USA and Japan
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock
If you have any questions, please reach out to TMMC_Recruitment@Toyota.com.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We believe in enabling people to work together and realize their full potential. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.
TMMC is a smoke-free property.