|Title:||Quality Control Manufacturing Systems, Analyst|
|Section:||Quality Control - QCE|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. Our plants currently manufacture the best-selling Toyota RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h vehicles, and will also soon be building the popular Lexus NX and Lexus NX Hybrid models. Recognized year after year on the global stage for manufacturing quality by our customers, we are also recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
The world-famous Toyota Production System (TPS), a philosophy of continuous improvement, and on-going training enable each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The results of our company stem from hiring committed, self-motivated team members, with the ability to work together to innovate and achieve team goals. We are looking for engineers that are excited to join us as we advance the next-generation in-vehicle and manufacturing technologies that keep us at the automotive forefront.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package including overtime pay and annual bonus
- Flexible health benefits plan after 12 weeks; including Medical, Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance and a Health Care Spending Account
- Flexible start/end times and remote work 1 day/week
- 12-Paid vacation days, including 1-week in July
- Voluntary Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) or a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA), conveniently funded by Team Member payroll contributions
- Vitality Wellness App that encourages and rewards you for leading a healthier lifestyle
- Company Diversity and Inclusion business partnering groups
- Employee Vehicle Discounts
- Build friendly and long-lasting relationships through social events and an on-site fitness facility
Quality Control Manufacturing Systems, Analyst – Req #21-101 - (This is a contract position ending March 31, 2023)
As a Quality Control Manufacturing Systems - Analyst you will be responsible for implementing automation and innovative systems with the latest technologies to optimize efficiencies, traceability, and eliminate waste. In this position, you will have an opportunity to apply your computer, engineering and various automation programming knowledge through practical hands on problem solving as well as design and development of applications and automation solutions. You will also work with multi-disciplinary teams to resolve process or equipment engineering concerns. An exciting time to join the Quality Systems Team to demonstrate your innovation and creativity.
What you’ll be doing
- Determine project scope, objectives, benefits, feasibility, and show cost and time requirements
- Perform automation troubleshooting with Vision Systems or Ultra-wideband (UWB) technologies, cycle time reductions and new equipment installation calibration
- Perform quality analysis, testing, diagnosing and monitoring various technologies for detection and correction of errors/operating deficiencies
- Standardize and continuously improve through investigation and analysis with the end user/internal customer
- Support capital investment projects and management all aspects of execution (i.e. budget, schedule, install, commissioning and buy-off)
- Support process simulation/bottleneck analysis for productivity/quality improvements
- Provide expertise and solutions for process capability improvements
- Provide after-hours support to the floor through an on-call service (rotational)
- Provide support/debug applications and reports
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Software Engineering, Computer Science/Computer Engineering Technology, Engineering Technology, Mechatronics/Mechanical Systems Engineering, Electronic Systems Engineering, Electronics Engineering Technology or Automation and Robotics or equivalent degree/diploma is required
- Equivalent combination of education and technology or automation experience would be considered
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of relevant work experience is required
- Highly motivated self-starter and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Strong organization & standardization skills with the ability to prioritize & multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Project management experience is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to create detailed training documentation for various users & customers
- Exposure to various robot manufactures: Kuka / FANUC etc.
- Ability to learn new systems & work effectively in a dynamic environment
- Detail oriented and high level of quality expectation
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a dynamic team-oriented work environment as well as independently with limited supervision
- Advanced knowledge with MS Office applications. Particularly Excel (Macros), Access, PowerPoint, Project, Word etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer systems/hardware and network set-up and configuration
- Good understanding of vehicle information and vehicle manufacturing flow from start to end
- Willing to support daily and weekend overtime requirements as needed
- Possible travel within North America as well as Overseas (less than 5% per year)
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock plant locations
To promote a comfortable, safe and productive work environment, as well as to comply with all federal, provincial and/or local laws, TMMC is a smoke-free property.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.