|Title:||Operating Engineer (2nd Class)|
|Employment Group:||Skilled Trades|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
We’re a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock. Not only are we one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the gas and hybrid models of the Toyota RAV4, the Lexus RX, and the Lexus NX.
Discover why we’ve been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years. Apply now to join our supportive team, push boundaries and achieve more than you ever thought possible.
Don’t just maintain your success.
This is an exciting opportunity to troubleshoot what’s missing in your current career – and learn how you can achieve more with us. Not only do we make safety, performance and teamwork our priorities, we believe that anyone can reach their highest potential. As an Operating Engineer at TMMC, you’ll get the support and tools you need to work efficiently, solve critical problems and drive major change in the industry.
What We Offer
To help you reach your goals at work and at home, we provide a comprehensive benefits package that stands out in the industry. Here’s a look at what we offer:
- Competitive hourly rate of $47.37/hour (increasing to $52.10 effective Dec 25) with shift premiums of $2.37 (afternoons) and $4.73 (nights), and paid overtime and annual bonus
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with contribution matching by TMMC and Flexible Health Care Benefits starting on date of hire
- 19 days of paid time off during the first full calendar year, plus 5 company designated holidays and earn additional time-off after additional years of service
- Family is important - maternity and parental leave program has Employment Insurance (EI) top-up
- Career support through reimbursement for professional development and tuition fees
- On-the-job training that continuously develops skills, knowledge and capabilities at every career level
- All the equipment needed for this role is provided: special equipment, safety equipment & tools, and allowance for uniforms
- Vitality Wellness App that encourages and rewards you for living a healthier lifestyle
- Company Diversity and Inclusion business partnering groups
- Develop friendly and long-lasting relationships through social events and an on-site fitness facility
- Employee & Family Vehicle Discounts
The Operating Engineer will, under the direction of the Chief engineer, operate and maintain power plant systems for the safe and efficient delivery of high-pressure steam, chilled water, and compressed air to Toyota Motor Manufacturing production environment and standards.
What you’ll be doing
- Operate and maintain power plant equipment including: gas turbine generators, heat recovery steam generators, steam boilers, hot water boilers, steam and electric chillers, compressors, water and wastewater plants and auxiliary equipment
- Work in accordance with the Technical Standards and Safety Authority Operating Engineer/Boiler and Pressure Vessel (TSSA OE / B&PV) Regulations 219-01, 220/01
- Perform preventative maintenance activities to ensure uninterrupted service to the plant
- Develop operation, safety, and maintenance procedures or assist in their development
- Analyze problems and take appropriate action to ensure continuous and reliable operation of equipment and systems
- Isolate /Lock Out Tag Out equipment mechanically and electrically to allow for safe inspection and repair work.
- Maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance, and safety activities, including water test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance work.
- Monitor key performance indicators and highlight abnormalities
- Assist in continuous improvement activities including safety, uptime and reliability, energy conservation
What you'll bring
- 2nd Class Operating Engineer Certificate of Qualification preferred, 3rd Class Operating Engineer Certificate of Qualification and currently working towards 2nd class qualifications will be considered
- Minimum 2-5 years of power plant experience (operating and maintaining gas turbine generators, heat recovery steam generators, steam boilers, hot water boilers, steam and electric chillers, compressors, water and wastewater plants and auxiliary equipment)
- Working knowledge of Technical Safety Standard Authority Operating Engineer / Boiler & Pressure Vessel Regulations 219-01, 220/01
- Computer literate including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to multi-task and change priorities as required
- Able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends
- Willing to support daily and weekend overtime requirements as needed
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock plant locations
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Combined Heat & Power systems experience preferred
- Millwright and IMT certifications considered an asset
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We believe in enabling people to work together and realize their full potential. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.
TMMC is a smoke-free property.