|Title:||Vehicle Quality Engineering Analyst (New Grad)|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Join a winning team dedicated to creating amazing vehicles
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. Our plants currently manufacture the best-selling Toyota RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h vehicles, and will also soon be building the popular Lexus NX and Lexus NX Hybrid models. Recognized year after year on the global stage for manufacturing quality by our customers, we are also recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
The world-famous Toyota Production System (TPS), a philosophy of continuous improvement, and on-going training enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to innovate and achieve team goals. We are looking for engineers that are excited to join us as we advance the next generation in vehicle and manufacturing technologies that keep us in the automotive forefront.
We are currently hiring 2 Quality Control Engineering Analysts (Vehicle Quality Engineering Specialist)
Learn more about the day in the life of a QCE Analyst by visiting https://tmmc-engineeringjobs.com/
- Compensation package includes overtime pay, annual bonus, flexible benefits program and defined contribution pension plan
- 19 Paid Days off during the year in which your first anniversary falls, plus 5 Floating Holidays
- Maternity and paternal leave program has Employment Insurance (EI) top-up 5
- Reimbursement for professional development, memberships, licenses, tuition fees
What We Offer
- Standardized initial 4-week training program and ongoing developmental support which includes in class training modules, on the job training and mentor support
- Collaboration and exposure to a variety of disciplines such as Production, Design, Purchasing, Project Management, and Production Control & Logistics
- Rotation and opportunities to learn different vehicle modules throughout your career
- Opportunity to learn and be mentored in the Toyota Way by supportive colleagues and management team
- High level of responsibility and ownership for projects that have a direct impact on the quality of the vehicle
The Quality Control Engineering (QCE) department is responsible for both supplied parts quality and final vehicle quality throughout the vehicle life cycle – from design development input, through to mass production and field quality. You will be responsible for ensuring your vehicle module consistently meets all the design and performance expectations (Modules include: Powertrain, Chassis, Electrical, Interior, Exterior, Body, Paint). This is a dynamic role that involves more than 50% hands-on problem solving.
- Support cross functional problem-solving activities related to product design, supplied part, in-house manufacturing processes, and inspection processes.
- Support in-house manufacturing and supplier part performance Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) improvement through genchi genbutsu (“go & see”) activities, and application of Toyota Production System (TPS) methods.
- Effectively lead change management activities as a result of design or in-house and supplier process changes to ensure change meets safety, quality, or productivity requirements.
- Identify and resolve product challenges prior to bringing the vehicle to mass production.
- Manage parts suppliers through the Toyota Part Approval process by ensuring that all design and quality requirements are met per Toyota’s gated project management milestones and Supplier Quality Assurance Manual.
- Assist with field quality warranty investigations and purpose solutions to enhance customer satisfaction.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent degree is required
- Must meet the educational and character requirements for P.Eng. license eligibility
- Minimum of new graduate to 2 year’s experience working in a technical role (will consider relevant co-op and summer employment experience)
- Experience successfully leading focused technical projects or contributing to large project work under guidance of an experienced lead.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills (Design of Experiments (DoE), Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), and Statistical Process Control (SPC) experience is an asset)
- Effective communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts to individuals with varying degrees of technical knowledge
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Team player with the ability to collaborate and interact with other groups
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Willing to support daily and weekend overtime requirements as needed
- Able to support travel within North America, and to Japan
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock plant locations
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.