|Title:||HR Specialist Employee Relations (36 Month Contract)|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the top-quality Toyota Corolla, RAV4, and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h. We have been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years.
The world-famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
The goal: To advise the Team Members with information related to Company Policies and Procedures. Manage projects and automate systems to increase efficiency.
Highlights of the Role:
An exciting job opportunity for you to develop your Human Resources career by demonstrating your strong knowledge in Employee and Labour Relations. As a Company, we recognize that it is important to establish trust, build relationships and assess situations to offer guidance and advice to our team members related to Company Policies and procedures. Your strong project management and computer skills will be instrumental in automating our current systems, improving time and quality efficiencies, allowing you to dedicate valued time to what is important to our Team Members, Management and to our Company business goals. Previous work experience working in a manufacturing environment gives you the advantage to be considered for this role. Showing your ability to work independently and in a Team environment will prove that you “Lead by Example”. Flexibility to support the shift rotation is essential to representing our Team Member Relations department at our Woodstock and Cambridge facilities at all times.
- Support Team Members to understand Company policies and procedures
- Promote Team Member involvement and Company activities.
- Facilitate and mediate Team Member concerns
- Facilitate focus group activities
- Development of strategies to support business initiatives for change
- Support the development of management systems to monitor Team Member satisfaction.
- Must be able to work Production Shift Rotation including overtime.
- Must be willing to work in Cambridge and Woodstock.
Qualifications and Experience.
- University Degree (Business or other related program) CHRP Designation preferred.
- Five or more years Human Resources experience.
- Knowledge of applicable employment legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Proven problem identification and problem solving skills.
- Facilitation / mediation skills.
- Self-initiative – ability to work independently.
- Strong Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Access).
- Must be able to support overtime and shift work.
- Ability to support travel as required.
- Able to legally visit the U.S.A.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.