|Title:||Purchasing Specialist - Indirect|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
We are a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the top quality Toyota Corolla, RAV4, and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h. We have been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years.
The world famous Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
Highlights of the Role:
As a Purchasing Specialist - Indirect, you will play an integral role in our procurement activities. Developing sourcing strategies, negotiation, problem solving, relationship management, and continuous improvement are skills that will make you successful in this role.
- Provide procurement support to multiple departments
- Requisition processing, issuance of purchase orders, price reconciliation, and service contracts.
- Negotiate annual contract renewals for products and services.
- Work with end users to define requirements and specifications.
- Co-ordinate and lead bid meetings for various projects.
- Work with other affiliates to achieve efficiencies and commonization where possible.
- Support and implement systems and strategies to control purchasing procedures.
- Provide continuous improvement on cost control and cost reduction.
- Investigate and implement sourcing of new products as well as re-sourcing existing products including vendor rationalization where appropriate.
- Co-ordinate with engineering and Manufacturing to implement lower cost alternatives.
- Identify new suppliers and assess supplier’s competitiveness on cost and audit their quality assurance processes and procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- University Degree or College Diploma focusing on business or engineering or a graduate of the Supply Chain Management Association of Canada
- 3-5 years of related experience (ideally automotive industry, manufacturing or high speed production)
- Strong working knowledge of procurement processes
- Strong negotiation skills to process complex purchasing agreements, prices, delivery for goods and services
- Able to develop and maintain strong vendor relationships
- Possess a good understanding of freight coordination in-bound and out-bound
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Proven record in process improvements and cost reduction activities
- Excellent project management skills to ensure deadlines are met
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word and Project)
- Experience in SAP considered an asset.
- Ability to understand technical specifications and/or drawings
- Valid driver’s license and valid passport required to support local travel and occasional travel to U.S.A.
- Must be able to support day shifts with occasional overtime as required
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge/Woodstock
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.
Join a great team, Apply Today!