|Title:||Cost Accountant (18 Month Contract)|
|Location:||Cambridge and Woodstock|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
The Finance Specialist - Cost Accounting will be responsible for supporting day to day activities, financial reporting, financial forecasting, variance analysis and other tasks within Finance. This position requires strong interpersonal skills to support and work with the internal customers and external vendors. The successful individual will demonstrate their multitasking, organization and prioritization skills, showing flexibility and versatility to embrace change. Motivation and innovation is encouraged to improve existing processes and learn new systems to provide visibility meeting the key performance indicators and conveying the departments overall targets.
- Ensure all policies are followed; SOX Business level controls are followed.
- Timely reconciliation review and approval with no reconciliation items.
- Balance sheet accounts are accurate to reflect TMMC financial position.
- Forecast preparation and analysis, and other mandatory tasks within the Finance department.
- Financial statement analysis and explanations
- Participate in company-wide physical inventory count
Desired Skills and Experience
- University Degree or College Diploma in Business, Accounting or other related education.
- CPA accounting designation preferred (or in the final stages of completing the requirements for the designation)
- 2-3 years accounting experience in a large corporate environment advantageous.
- Intermediate working experience in Excel is required with some SAP knowledge.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy is maintained.
- Proven project management skills and taking responsibility for actions taken.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data quickly
- Highly organized, detail oriented and excellent communication skills
- Able to support overtime as and when required. Approx. 20 hours per month on average depending upon business requirements.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.
TMMC as an Employer of Choice
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers – TMMC has been named to this national list a total of 11 times over the past 15 years
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employers – TMMC has been named to this list for 2017 and 2018
- Canada’s Family Friendly Employers 2015 –one of the country’s top family friendly employers
- Waterloo’s Top Employers for 2015 – annual competition recognizing exceptional places to work
- 14 J.D. Power and Associates Plant Quality Awards
- Team Member volunteerism reward programs
- Strong United Way Supporter
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: