|Title:||Vehicle Quality Engineering Analyst|
|Department:||Quality Control Engineering|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Join a winning-team dedicated to creating amazing vehicles.
TOYOTA MOTOR MANUFACTURING CANADA INC.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. Our plants currently manufacture the best-selling Toyota RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h vehicles, and will also soon be building the popular Lexus NX and Lexus NX Hybrid models. Recognized year after year on the global stage for manufacturing quality by our customers, we are also recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
The world-famous Toyota Production System (TPS), a philosophy of continuous improvement, and on-going training enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to innovate and achieve team goals. We are looking for engineers that are excited to join us as we advance the next generation in vehicle and manufacturing technologies that keep us in the automotive forefront. To promote a comfortable, safe and productive work environment, as well as to comply with all federal, provincial and/or local laws, TMMC is a smoke free property.
We are hiring multiple Quality Control Engineering (QCE) Analyst (Vehicle Quality Engineering Analyst)
- Compensation package includes overtime pay, annual bonus, flexible benefits program and defined contribution pension plan
- 19 Paid Days off during the year in which your first anniversary falls, plus 5 Floating Holidays
- Maternity and paternal leave program has Employment Insurance (EI) top-up 5
- Reimbursement for professional development, memberships, licenses, tuition fees
What We Offer
- Opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of a vast range of traditional and innovative automotive manufacturing processes.
- Collaboration and exposure to a variety of disciplines such as Production, Design, Purchasing, Project Management, and Production Control & Logistics
- Rotation and opportunities to learn different vehicle modules throughout your career.
- Opportunity to learn and be mentored in the Toyota Way by supportive colleagues and management team
- High level of responsibility and ownership for projects that have a direct impact on the quality of the vehicle
The Quality Control Engineering department is responsible for both supplied parts quality and final vehicle quality throughout the vehicle life cycle – from design development input, through to mass production and field quality. You will be responsible for ensuring your vehicle module consistently meets all the design and performance expectations (Modules include: Powertrain, Chassis, Electrical, Interior, Exterior). This is a dynamic role that involves more than 50% hands-on problem solving.
- Lead cross functional problem-solving activities related to product design, supplied part, in-house manufacturing processes, and inspection processes.
- Support in-house and part supplier manufacturing performance KPI improvement through genchi genbutsu (“go & see”) activities, and application of TPS methods.
- Effectively lead change management activities as a result of design or in-house and supplier process changes to ensure change meets safety, quality, or productivity requirements.
- Actively participate in the product development cycle (design concept, design reviews, prototype evaluations, and local trial builds).
- Identify and resolve product challenges prior to bringing the vehicle to mass production.
- Manage parts suppliers through the Toyota Part Approval process by ensuring that all design and quality requirements are met per Toyota’s gated project management milestones and Supplier Quality Assurance Manual.
- Conduct field quality warranty investigations and implement solutions to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Project work assigned to align with annual department goals.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- An Ontario Professional Engineering designation or eligibility to attain P.Eng.
- Minimum 3-7 years of related work experience after graduation (such as Product, Quality, or Manufacturing Engineering)
- Experience leading engineering assignments involving multiple stakeholders
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills (experience with DoE, GD&T, and SPC is an asset)
- Ability to combine theory with hands on approach
- Effective communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts to individuals with varying degrees of technical knowledge
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Team player with the ability to collaborate and interact with other groups
- Strong project management, planning and organizing skills
- Able to work at either Woodstock and/or Cambridge locations
- Able to travel within North America and Japan as required
TMMC as an Employer of Choice
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2019 – TMMC has been named to this national list for 15 consecutive years
- Canada’s Family Friendly Employers 2019
- Canada's Greenest Employer 2019
- Waterloo’s Top Employers for 2019 – annual competition recognizing exceptional places to work
- 18 J.D. Power and Associates Plant Quality Awards
- Team Member volunteerism reward programs
- Strong United Way Supporter – TMMC has raised over $10 million for the UW through our annual campaigns
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: