|Title:||Tool & Die Maker|
|Employment Group:||Skilled Trades|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the top-quality Toyota Corolla, RAV4, the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h and the popular Lexus NX and Lexus NX Hybrid.
The world-famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and ongoing training, enables each team member to work towards their highest potential. The results of our company stem from hiring committed, self-motivated team members, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
As a Tool and Die Maker you will be responsible for repairing, assembling, and testing all types of tools for production readiness. You must have a mechanical aptitude to support the shop with troubleshooting and repairing issues. You could be working in the Cambridge or Woodstock facility in the Plastics or Stamping department.
As a Tool and Die Maker, you’ll belong to our Skilled Trades group. Not only do we make safety, performance, and teamwork our major priorities, we believe that anyone can reach their highest potential. From challenging your thinking to finding the reason for a problem, you’ll be part of a culture that’s committed to creating solutions and exceeding expectations every single day.
At TMMC, you’ll find the rewards, innovation, empowerment, learning, performance, and teamwork you need to succeed as a Tool and Die Maker. In your role, you’ll not only improve overall equipment effectiveness and breakdown recovery, but you’ll also implement solutions that lead to continuous improvement. It’s an exciting time to join our company that’s pushing the boundaries and has been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years. Working at one of Canada’s Top 100 employers means opportunity, challenge, and teamwork.
- Identify short term and long-term countermeasures for production problems that arise specifically when stamping aluminum and steel or injection moulding
- Troubleshoot part quality and formability problems such as splits/cracks, wrinkles/distortions, or flash
- Identify flaws in the finished product or operation of tooling and take corrective action
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies or moulds including electrical and mechanical checks in accordance with standardized procedures
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems that are commonly integrated within stamping dies and moulds
- Operate cranes to safely move and turn dies or moulds for preventative maintenance, repair, or operational needs
- Fit and assemble parts using a variety of hand tools
- Perform welding, hand finishing, grinding, and polishing
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications of tools, dies, or moulds and related tooling equipment
- Operate a variety of machine tools to cut, turn, mill, plane, bore, grind, and shape the piece being worked on to a very specific dimension
- Perform basic administrative skills including computer data entry and documentation of work performed by written and electronic methods
- Participate in and provide On the Job Training with/to other Maintenance Team Members and Apprentices
The tools and equipment are provided by the company. There is no question if you need the tool to get the work done it is provided. – Gordon, Maintenance Team Member
What We Offer
We’re proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to help you reach your goals at home and at work. For example, our defined contribution pension plan is well above the industry standard – and that’s not all. We offer on-the-job training that continuously develops skills, knowledge, and capabilities – no matter where you are in your career. We also offer an attractive number of vacation days that give you the freedom to pursue your interests and be there for what matters most.
Here’s a look at what else we offer that makes us stand out:
- Starting Pay: $42.31/hour and Full Rate of Pay: $44.54, plus shift premiums and overtime pay
- Annual bonus based on company and personal achievements
- Flexible Health Care Benefits and Defined Contribution Pension Plan starting on date of hire
- 19 days of paid time off during first full calendar year, plus 5 company designated holidays and earn additional time-off after additional years of service
- Tuition coverage for career development and personal interest courses
- All the equipment needed for this role is provided: special equipment, safety equipment & tools, an allowance for uniforms and education
- Access to an onsite fitness center
The job is done when you leave the door at Toyota – you can relax. The 3 shifts allow you to go home vs staying back to keep working. – Jaspreet, Maintenance Team Member
- An Ontario or Inter-Provincial Tool & Die Maker (430A) Certificate of Qualification is required
- Completion of Apprenticeship as a Tool and Die Maker with minimum 2 years of relevant work experience as a Licensed Tool and Die Maker is preferred or 7 years relevant work experience as a Licensed Tool and Die Maker
- Experience with machining, mill, lathe, grinder
- Experience welding, grinding, polishing, hand finishing; A class finishing experience
- Experience using Master CAM, WorkNC, Solid Works, or CATIA is preferred
- Experience with CNC machining, employing 2D and 3D tool paths is preferred
- Demonstrated interest in learning and applying new mechanical and electrical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional team members
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities and working conditions
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- The flexibility to work at Cambridge and/or Woodstock facility
Working rotating shifts is small price to pay for a better work environment, better pay and better technology. – Natino, Maintenance Team Member
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at TMMC_Recruitment@Toyota.com. You can also learn more by visiting our Skilled Trades Career Page. To promote a comfortable, safe and productive work environment, as well as to comply with all federal, provincial and/or local laws, TMMC is a smoke free property.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.