|Title:||Finance Specialist - Tax and Treasury|
|Location:||Cambridge and Woodstock|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the top quality Toyota Corolla, RAV4, and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h. We have been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years.
The world famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
The Finance Specialist – Tax & Treasury is a trusted advisor on all taxation matters related to TMMC, including income, commodity and fuel taxes. This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with Government and Corporate regulations, including strong controls and accuracy in tax, financial statements, financial forecasting and reconciliation. The Tax & Treasury department will be recognized as the benchmark for integrity, proactive and results oriented systems. The people in this department work in collaboration with all stakeholders to offer excellence in cash management.
- Calculate Monthly Income Tax provision
- Research and prepare an annual Corporate Income Tax return
- Prepare Monthly H.S.T. returns
- Complete Withholding Tax remittances and annual filings
- Develop and deliver Year-end Tax provision and Financial Statement presentations to Senior Management
- Coordinate Scientific Research and Experimental Development Claims with Engineering and External Consultants
- Coordinate Insurance administration
- Manage Government Tax audits
- Manage Pension Accounting
- Administer automobile and other insurance policies
- Complete a wide variety of adhoc projects for potential tax and financial research scenarios
- University/College Diploma in Business / Accounting related field
- Completion of an Accounting Designation (CPA or CA)
- Completion of the CICA In-Depth Tax Program (Enrollment or Willingness to enroll will be considered) preferred
Work Experience/Skill Summary:
- 2-3 years post designation tax work experience preferred
- Strong Excel skills and SAP knowledge
- Attention to detail with the ability to achieve deadlines is essential.
- Must be comfortable to present and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a team environment – Highly self-motivated, decisive and well organized.
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and analytical skills essential
- Support Overtime approximately 5 hours per week
- Support the Cambridge and/or Woodstock Plants
- Occasional travel to Company affiliates.