|Title:||Diversity & Inclusion Specialist (18 Month Contract)|
|Location:||Cambridge and Woodstock|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the top quality Toyota Corolla, RAV4, and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h. We have been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada, and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for multiple years.
The world famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
The Diversity & Inclusion Specialist is responsible for the implementation of TMMC’s Diversity & Inclusion Strategy, benchmarking best practices and providing technical expertise for decisions concerning diversity & inclusion.
This is an 18-month contract position.
- Support the development and execution of TMMC’s Diversity & Inclusion Strategy
- Support Business Partnering Group's creation, ongoing activities and communications
- Plan and execute annual Diversity Month activities and communications
- External liaison with community diversity partners
- Develop Diversity & Inclusion material for Monthly Management Meeting
- Support for TMMC Diversity & Inclusion Taskforces
- Liaison between Diversity Champion and Toyota One Diversity & Inclusion Group
- Annual Top Diversity Application
- Support development of Executive Diversity Leadership Council material and meeting facilitation
Desired Skills and Experience
- Completion of, or working towards, a College / University diploma in a Business or Human Resources field is an asset
- Minimum 5 years Toyota experience with BPG and / or external volunteer experience will be considered
- Completion of, or working towards, a CCLI Certificate or CCIP designation is an asset
- Strong strategic planning, analytical, organizational (time and priority management), communication, presentation and project management skills
- Demonstrated confidence interacting directly with all levels of the organization
- Over time support as required
- Periodic domestic and international travel may be required
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.