|Title:||Tool & Die Maker|
|Employment Group:||Skilled Trades|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Never stop improving with us.
At Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC), we value the hard work and dedication of our Skilled Trades team. We’re a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock. Not only are we one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America, but we also produce some of the most highly-demanded gas and hybrid vehicles in the industry –from the Toyota RAV4 to the Lexus NX. This is your chance to join a company that’s centered around continuously improving and achieving more than you ever thought possible.
What We Offer
We’re proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to help you reach your goals at home and at work. For example, our defined contribution pension plan is well above the industry standard – and that’s not all. We offer on-the-job training that continuously develops skills, knowledge and capabilities – no matter where you are in your career. We also offer an attractive number of vacation days that give you the freedom to pursue your interests and be there for what matters most.
Here’s a look at what else we offer that makes us stand out:
- Starting rate of $43.26/hour and increase to a full-time rate after 6 months of $45.54/hour.
- Shift premiums of $2.28 (afternoons) and $4.55 (nights)
- Annual bonus based on company and personal achievements
- Flexible Health Care Benefits and Defined Contribution Pension Plan starting on date of hire
- 19 days of paid time off during first full calendar year, plus 5 company designated holidays and earn additional time-off after additional years of service
- Voluntary Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) or a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA), conveniently funded by Team Member payroll contributions
- Tuition coverage for career development and personal interest courses
- All the equipment needed for this role is provided: special equipment, safety equipment & tools, an allowance for uniforms and education
- Access to an onsite fitness center
As a Tool and Die Maker you will be responsible for repairing, assembling and testing all types of tools for production readiness. Must have mechanical aptitude to support the shop with troubleshooting and repairing issues. You could be working in the Cambridge or Woodstock facility in the Plastics or Stamping department.
- Identify short term and long-term countermeasures for production problems that arise specifically when stamping aluminum and steel or injection moulding
- Troubleshoot part quality and formability problems such as splits/cracks, wrinkles/distortions or flash
- Identify flaws in the finished product or operation of tooling and take corrective action.
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies or moulds including electrical and mechanical checks in accordance with standardized procedures
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems that are commonly integrated within stamping dies
- Operate cranes to safely move and turn dies or moulds for preventative maintenance, repair, or operational needs
- Fit and assemble parts using a variety of hand tools
- Perform welding, hand finishing, grinding, and polishing
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications of tools, dies or moulds and related tooling equipment
- Operate a variety of machine tools to cut, turn, mill, plane, bore, grind, and shape the piece being worked on to a very specific dimension
- Perform basic administrative skills including computer data entry and documentation of work performed by written and electronic methods
- Participate in and provide On the Job Training with/to other Maintenance Team Members and Apprentices
- An Ontario or Inter-Provincial Tool & Die Maker (430A) Certificate of Qualification is required
- Completion of Apprenticeship as an Tool & Die Maker with relevant work experience is preferred or 5 years of relevant work experience as a Licensed Tool & Die Maker
- Experience with CNC machining, employing 2D and 3D tool paths
- Experience with machining, mill, lathe, grinder
- Experience welding, grinding, polishing, hand finishing; A class finishing experience
- Experience using Master CAM, WorkNC, Solid Works, or CATIA
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional team members
- Mechanical and Electrical interest
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and working conditions
- The flexibility to be situated in the Cambridge and/or Woodstock facility
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- Passion for teamwork, ongoing learning, continuous improvement and maintaining a respectful environment
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at TMMC_Recruitment@Toyota.com. You can also learn more by visiting our Skilled Trades Career Page. To promote a comfortable, safe and productive work environment, as well as to comply with all federal, provincial and/or local laws, TMMC is a smoke-free property.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: