|Title:||Engineering Specialist, Paint|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the top quality Toyota Corolla, RAV4, and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h. We have been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years.
The world famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
Role Overview – Engineering Specialist – South Paint 19-024
As an Engineering Specialist – South Paint, you will be responsible for project implementation, KPI achievement and resolving shop problems through root cause analysis and Toyota Business Practice problem-solving. Your clear communication skills and cross-functional team approach will allow you to work effectively with TMMC team members in continuous improvement. This role provides technical leadership and collaborates with Production, Maintenance, and Quality to ensure performance targets are achieved.
- Provide, maintain and audit standards for a designated area within paint shop
- Lead daily troubleshooting activities, provide solutions and support for process concerns or improvements
- Development of management systems
- Analysis and implementation of countermeasures for safety, quality and ergonomic concerns
- Responsible for cost reduction identification and implementation, budget setting and control
- Process simulation/bottleneck analysis
- Process equipment evaluation, specifications, procurement and implementation
- Co-coordinating and working with external contractors
- Automation troubleshooting, cycle time reductions and new equipment installation
- Support and execute shop equipment refurbishment plans/activities and vendor inspections/repairs
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Engineering (P. Eng eligible)
- Engineering experience within a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Exposure to applicable Codes and Legislation (NFPA, Building Code, OHSA) is preferred
- Flexible to accept multiple challenges and quick change in priorities
- Strong leadership and technical skills
- Proven hands-on problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to multitask and deliver results on multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding of equipment design and function is preferred
- Results orientated, hands-on type individual, self-started and self-motivated
- Multi-disciplinary experience in process or equipment engineering
- Must be proficient with MS Office and AutoCAD
- Willing to support daily and weekend overtime requirements as needed
- Possible travel requirements to USA and Japan, must be legally eligible to enter the USA
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.