|Title:||Software Systems Engineering|
|Section:||Information Systems (IS)|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. Our plants currently manufacture the best-selling Toyota RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid, the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h vehicles, and the popular Lexus NX and Lexus NX Hybrid models. Recognized year after year on the global stage for manufacturing quality by our customers, we are also recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
The world-famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and ongoing training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The results of our company stem from hiring committed, self-motivated team members, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package includes overtime pay, annual bonus, flexible benefits program and defined contribution pension plan
- 19 Paid Days off during the year in which their first anniversary falls, plus 5 Company Designated Holidays that generally fall between Christmas and New Year
- Family is important - maternity and parental leave program has Employment Insurance (EI) top-up
- Career support through reimbursement for professional development and tuition fees
- Vitality Wellness App that encourages and rewards you for living a healthier lifestyle
- Company Diversity and Inclusion business partnering groups
- Employee & Family Vehicle Discounts
- Develop friendly and long-lasting relationships through social events and an on-site fitness facility
As an Analyst, Information Systems Engineering at TMMC, you will develop and maintain systems for various internal users and business units across North America. You will be a Full Stack Developer in the Information Systems Engineering Group that develops and supports systems in use locally at TMMC and globally at several other Toyota Manufacturing plants. You will be working through the full software development cycle for client/server and web applications. In this role you will experience a wide variety of tasks including but not limited to projects, continuous improvement, problem/incident resolution and user requests.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with business groups to define requirements and direction for supported applications
- Collaborate with the Agile development team to maintain and develop software applications
- Participate in weekly sprint planning, backlog refinement and daily scrum meetings
- Analyze business conditions to create application requirements and designs
- Integrate with external systems based on business requirements
- Participate in onsite and after-hours support rotations
- Provide technical guidance to a team of Developers (contractors)
- Potential travel to Toyota Plants in North and South America supporting application deployment and maintenance
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree/diploma is required; equivalent combination of education and relevant experience would be considered
- Minimum 1 to 3 years relevant experience is required
- Demonstrated applied software development experience
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate and document complex technical systems and decisions
- Team player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization
- Highly organized and able to balance many concurrent assignments and negotiate with customer groups to follow tasks through to conclusion
- Ability to provide on-call support rotation for critical manufacturing applications and systems
- Experience in an Agile Software Development is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to manage the software development life cycle is preferred
- Well versed in the system design process including design of use cases, testing and implementation is preferred
- Willing to support daily and weekend overtime requirements as needed
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock plant locations
- Possible travel within North America as well as Overseas (less than 10% per year)
If you have any questions, please reach out to TMMC_Recruitment@Toyota.com. To promote a comfortable, safe and productive work environment, as well as to comply with all federal, provincial and/or local laws, TMMC is a smoke-free property.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.