|Title:||Supply Chain Analyst, Model Change Coordinator|
|Section:||Production Control (PC)|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. Our plants currently manufacture the best-selling Toyota RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h vehicles and will also soon be building the popular Lexus NX and Lexus NX Hybrid models. Recognized year after year on the global stage for manufacturing quality by our customers, we are also recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
The world-famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The results of our company stem from hiring committed, self-motivated team members, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package including overtime pay and annual bonus
- Flexible health benefits plan after 12 weeks; including Medical, Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance and a Health Care Spending Account
- 12-Paid vacation days, including 1-week in July
- Flexible start/end times and remote work 1 day/week
- Voluntary Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) or a Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA), conveniently funded by Team Member payroll contributions
- Vitality Wellness App that encourages and rewards you for leading a healthier lifestyle
- Company Diversity and Inclusion business partnering groups
- Employee Vehicle Discounts
- Build friendly and long-lasting relationships through social events and an on-site fitness facility
This is a contract Position ending December 9, 2022
As a Supply Chain Analyst, Model Change Coordinator, you will be responsible to understand and coordinate the implementation of all engineering changes related to component parts for one of TMMC’s vehicles. The role involves working with members of TMMC Quality Control, Manufacturing, and Production Control departments and suppliers to ensure that each change to the vehicle is successful.
What you’ll be doing
- Review and interpret Engineering Change Instructions (ECI) for vehicle component parts
- Maintain Toyota Bill of Material (BOM) system, which drives vehicle part ordering quantities for production and pre-production trials
- Perform daily and monthly checks and audits to ensure accuracy of Bill of Materials and resulting Necessary Quantity Calculation
- Become a subject matter expert of Toyota’s Bill of Materials systems and vehicle part structures
- Coordinate implementation of engineering changes with external (suppliers) and many internal stakeholders, ensuring no negative impact to TMMC Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) or customers
- Facilitate weekly cross-functional meetings for engineering change preparation and problem-solving discussions
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Mathematics, Engineering, Science or other equivalent degree is required
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of relevant experience (will consider relevant co-op and summer employment experience)
- Strong MS Office skills and aptitude to learn new systems are essential; Advanced Excel skills required; Power BI skills preferred
- Proven aptitude for working with numbers (numerical calculations and data manipulation; high accuracy and attention to detail is critical
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to interpret complex issues and implement sustainable solutions
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a team environment with the ability to adapt to change
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Willing to support daily and weekend overtime requirements as needed
- Possible travel within North America as well as Overseas (less than 5% per year)
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock plant locations
If you have any questions about this opportunity, feel free to reach out to us at TMMC_Recruitment@Toyota.com. You can also learn more by visiting our Production Control & Supply Chain Career Page.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.