|Title:||Quality Control Engineering Specialist (12 Month Contract)|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the top quality Toyota Corolla, RAV4, and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h. We have been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years.
The world famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
Highlights of the Role:
- Dynamic role (more than 50% hands-on problem-solving) in a team and fast-paced environment
- Opportunity to start with our current model team and have end to end accountability for a module of one of the Toyota vehicles
- Opportunity to study and optimize quality control processes by leveraging the latest technology and innovative approach
- Opportunity to learn and be mentored in the Toyota Quality system including gaining experience with Toyota’s problem-solving methods and how to make data ‘visual’ for streamlined problem solving
- Opportunity to work with multiple groups in New Model Development. (Suppliers, in-house groups, sales, and design)
- Lead and manage problem-solving related to design, manufacturing, supplied parts, inspection processes, and equipment
- Manage processes and design changes at suppliers and TMMC to assure no negative impact to vehicle quality and reliability
- Conduct customer and field concern investigation and countermeasure to minimize impact to customer and cost
- Share and adopt best practices for in-house and supplier process
- Deploy vehicle quality system improvement activities for customer satisfaction issues
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- 2-5 years of related experience (ideally manufacturing or high-speed production)
- Hands on problem solving
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain concepts to individuals with varying degree of technical knowledge
- Ability to apply technical knowledge
- Can work in both Woodstock and Cambridge facilities
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.