|Title:||Licensed Millwright (433A, 426A, Red Seal)|
|Employment Group:||Skilled Trades|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Don’t just maintain your career.
Explore our Industrial Millwright opportunity and troubleshoot what’s missing in your current role – plus find out how you can get more out of a career with us. At TMMC, you’ll be part of a supportive team that focuses on safety, performance and professional development to help you reach your potential. Not only will you get the tools you need to expand your skills, but you’ll also solve important challenges and create solutions that make a lasting impact.
We’re proud to provide a comprehensive and industry-leading benefits package designed to help you reach your goals at home and at work. Here’s a look at what we offer:
- Competitive hourly rate of $46.09/hour with shift premiums of $2.30 (afternoons) and $4.61 (nights), and paid overtime and annual bonus
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with contribution matching by TMMC and Flexible Health Care Benefits starting on date of hire
- 19 days of paid time off during the first full calendar year, plus 5 company designated holidays and earn additional time-off after additional years of service
- Family is important - maternity and parental leave program has Employment Insurance (EI) top-up
- Career support through reimbursement for professional development and tuition fees
- On-the-job training that continuously develops skills, knowledge and capabilities at every career level
- All the equipment needed for this role is provided: special equipment, safety equipment & tools, and allowance for uniforms
- Vitality Wellness App that encourages and rewards you for living a healthier lifestyle
- Company Diversity and Inclusion business partnering groups
- Develop friendly and long-lasting relationships through social events and an on-site fitness facility
- Employee & Family Vehicle Discounts
As a Licensed Industrial Millwright, you’ll belong to our Skilled Trades group. You’ll not only improve overall equipment effectiveness and breakdown recovery, but you’ll also implement ideas that lead to continuous improvement. From challenging your thinking to finding the reason for a problem, you’ll be part of a culture that’s committed to creating solutions and exceeding expectations every single day.
- Operate within a multi-skilled environment to maintain the plant’s machinery and equipment, while improving processes to minimize disruption to the production line
- Troubleshoot and repair a wide range of mechanical and electrical equipment unique to automotive manufacturing
- Weld and use the mill and lathe for repairs and fabricating
- Perform preventative maintenance on highly automated equipment in accordance with standardized procedures to maintain equipment performance to achieve equipment uptime and production line targets
“In this role, you jump around from task to task. I enjoy the variety – and it’s nice not to be stuck on tasks for the long term. This role is good for thinking on your feet.”
-Gordon, Maintenance Team Member
- Ontario (426A/433A) Millwright Certificate of Qualification or Inter-Provincial Red Seal License
- Completion of Apprenticeship as a Millwright with relevant work experience is preferred or 5 years of relevant work experience as a Licensed Millwright
- Demonstrated hands on experience and skills to troubleshooting and repairing on different types of equipment in a fast-paced multi-skilled automated manufacturing/industrial environment, including hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and machine components
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- Ability to work at either our Cambridge or Woodstock facility
“Anything you need for your job is covered. The company provides whatever you need to make your job easier.”
–Sandip, Maintenance Team Member
About the Company
We’re a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock. Not only are we one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the gas and hybrid models of the Toyota RAV4, the Lexus RX, and the Lexus NX.
Discover why we’ve been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years. Apply now to join our supportive team, push boundaries and achieve more than you ever thought possible.
Learn more about our Skilled Trades careers at https://tmmc.ca/en/skilled-trade-jobs/.
Email us at TMMC_Recruitment@toyota.com with your questions.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We believe in enabling people to work together and realize their full potential. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.
TMMC is a smoke-free property.