|Employment Group:||Skilled Trades|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Gain the tools you need to succeed.
At Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC), we value the hard work and dedication of our Skilled Trades team. We’re a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock. Not only are we one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America, but we also produce some of the most highly-demanded vehicles in the industry – from the Toyota Corolla to the Lexus NX. This is your chance to join a company that’s centered around continuously improving and achieving more than you ever thought possible.
As an Industrial Millwright, you’ll belong to our Skilled Trades group. Not only do we make safety, performance and teamwork our major priorities, we believe that anyone can reach their highest potential. From challenging your thinking to finding the reason for a problem, you’ll be part of a culture that’s committed to creating solutions and exceeding expectations every single day.
At TMMC, you’ll find the rewards, innovation, empowerment, learning, performance and teamwork you need to succeed as an Industrial Millwright. In your role, you’ll not only improve overall equipment effectiveness and breakdown recovery, but you’ll also implement solutions that lead to continuous improvement. It’s an exciting time to join our company that’s pushing the boundaries and has been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years. Working at one of Canada’s Top 100 employers means opportunity, challenge and teamwork.
- Operate within a multi-skilled environment to maintain the plant’s machinery and equipment, while improving processes to minimize disruption to the production line
- Troubleshoot and repair a wide range of mechanical and electrical equipment unique to automotive manufacturing, including conveyors, overhead and transfer systems, automated guided vehicles, cylinders and presses
- Perform welding, sheet metal fabricating, hand finishing, grinding, and polishing
- Design and test hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment and systems
- Perform preventative maintenance on highly automated equipment in accordance with standardized procedures to maintain equipment performance to achieve equipment uptime and production line targets
In this role, you jump around from task to task. I enjoy the variety I have in this role. It is nice not to be stuck on tasks for the long term. This role is good for thinking on your feet. – Gordon, Maintenance Team Member
What We Offer
We’re proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to help you reach your goals at home and at work. For example, our defined contribution pension plan is well above the industry standard – and that’s not all. We offer on-the-job training that continuously develops skills, knowledge and capabilities – no matter where you are in your career. We also offer an attractive number of vacation days that give you the freedom to pursue your interests and be there for what matters most.
Here’s a look at what else we offer that makes us stand out:
- Starting Pay: $42.31/hour and Full Rate of Pay: $44.54, plus shift premiums and overtime pay
- Annual bonus based on company and personal achievements
- Flexible Health Care Benefits and Defined Contribution Pension Plan starting on date of hire
- 19 days of paid time off during first full calendar year, plus 5 company designated holidays and earn additional time-off after additional years of service
- Tuition coverage for career development and personal interest courses
- All the equipment needed for this role is provided: special equipment, safety equipment & tools, an allowance for uniforms and education
- Access to an onsite fitness center
The job is done when you leave the door at Toyota – you can relax. The 3 shifts allow you to go home vs staying back to keep working. – Jaspreet, Maintenance Team Member
Above all, you’ll be someone who values making things better and has the commitment to learn and deliver consistently. In return, you can look forward to working in an environment that’s built on teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Ontario or Inter-Provincial 426A/433A Millwright Certificate of Qualification
- Completion of Apprenticeship as a Millwright with minimum 2 years of relevant work experience as a Licensed Millwright is preferred or 7 years relevant work experience as a Licensed Millwright
- Demonstrated experience toward troubleshooting hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and machine components
- Demonstrated hands on experience troubleshooting, repairing and completing preventative maintenance on different types of equipment in a fast-paced manufacturing/industrial environment
- In-depth problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience with PLC - Ladder Logic, VFD
- Welding and machine shop/fabrication experience
- Rigging and hoisting experience is preferred
- Demonstrated interest in learning and applying new mechanical and electrical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional team members
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities and working conditions
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- The flexibility to work at Cambridge and/or Woodstock facility
Anything you need to do your job is covered. The company provides whatever you need to make your job easier. – Sandip, Maintenance Team Member
At TMMC, you’ll find the rewards, innovation, empowerment, learning, performance and teamwork you need to succeed an as Industrial Millwright. In your role, you’ll not only improve overall equipment effectiveness and breakdown recovery, you’ll implement solutions that lead to continuous improving. It’s an exciting time to join our company that’s pushing the boundaries and has been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at TMMC_Recruitment@Toyota.com. You can also learn more by visiting our Skilled Trades Career Page. To promote a comfortable, safe and productive work environment, as well as to comply with all federal, provincial and/or local laws, TMMC is a smoke free property.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.