|Title:||Manufacturing Engineering Analyst, West Assembly|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. Our plants currently manufacture the best-selling Toyota RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h vehicles and will also soon be building the popular Lexus NX and Lexus NX Hybrid models. Recognized year after year on the global stage for manufacturing quality by our customers, we are also recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
The world-famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and ongoing training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The results of our company stem from hiring committed, self-motivated team members, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
What We Offer
- Compensation package includes overtime pay, annual bonus, flexible benefits program and defined contribution pension plan
- 19 Paid Days off during the year in which your first anniversary falls, plus 5 Floating Holidays that generally fall between Christmas and New Year
- Maternity and parental leave program has Employment Insurance (EI) top-up 5
- Reimbursement for professional development and tuition fees
- Employee & Family Vehicle Discounts
- Social Events and an On-Site Fitness Facility
As an Engineering Analyst – West Assembly at TMMC, you will be responsible for project implementation, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) achievement (ergonomics, quality output, and process efficiency/cycle time improvements) and resolving shop problems through root cause analysis and Toyota Business Practice (TBP) problem solving. Your clear communication skills and cross-functional team approach will allow you to work effectively with TMMC team members on continuous improvement initiatives. In this role, you will provide technical direction and collaborate with operations and maintenance to ensure performance targets are achieved for your assigned process area. Just as the company is known for knowledge and best practice sharing, the Engineering Analysts are also given the opportunity to develop training plans to share their knowledge in an area of expertise.
What you’ll be doing
- Cultivate continuous improvement of manufacturing activities through detailed critical thinking reviews, process automation and fixture/tooling design
- Work with Production, Maintenance and/or external contractors on kaizen projects with an emphasis on cost reduction, cycle time reduction, material flow, quality improvements and efficient manufacturing processes
- Lead capital investment projects and guide all aspects of implementation (i.e. budget, schedule, install, commissioning and buy-off)
- Monitor process and equipment performance to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Develop and sustain assembly systems (ex. Controls Systems and Drawings, Poka-yoke, Kanban Systems etc.)
- Evaluate process equipment and tooling requirements, define specifications, lead procurement and effective integration into plant operations
- Lead troubleshooting and problem-solving activities, provide solutions and support for the process, quality, and equipment related issues to prevent defect flow-out
- Co-ordinate external skilled trades and supplier activities
- Investigate and address issues to ensure safety and ergonomic concerns are resolved in a timely manner
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechatronics, Mechanical or Electrical preferred) or equivalent degree
- Must meet the educational and character requirements for P.Eng. license eligibility
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years engineering experience (in assembly plant or automotive preferred) with high emphasis on process design, setup improvements or kaizen (industrial engineering type applications)
- Multidisciplinary experience in process or equipment engineering (Mechanics, Pneumatics/Hydraulics and Control Systems)
- Excellent problem-solving skills related to quality and productivity KPIs in assembly (automotive preferred)
- Excellent project management skills related to leading equipment installation and refurbishment
- Experience applying current manufacturing standards and practices is preferred (Machine Guarding, OHSA, Pre-Start Health & Safety Review (PSR), Electrical Code)
- Demonstrated track record to facilitate and implement changes
- Working knowledge of programmable logic controllers (Allen Bradley, Toyopuc) is preferred
- Willing to support daily and weekend overtime requirements as needed
- Possible travel to USA and Japan
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock
To promote a comfortable, safe and productive work environment, as well as to comply with all federal, provincial and/or local laws, TMMC is a smoke free property.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.