|Title:||Toyota Control Room Analyst, Production Control|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the top quality RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid, the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450H vehicles.
The world famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals. We have been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years. To promote a comfortable, safe and productive work environment, as well as to comply with all federal, provincial and/or local laws, TMMC is a smoke free property.
What We Offer
- 19 Paid Days off during the year in which their first anniversary falls, plus 5 Floating Holidays
- Flexible Toyota Employee Benefits Program
- Maternity and paternal leave top-up program
- Reimbursement for professional development, memberships, licenses, tuition fees and books for most courses
- Free on-site 30,000 sq ft fitness facility with fitness classes, squash and racquetball courts, weight and cardio room and a fully-staffed health centre
- Employee & Family Vehicle Discounts
We are currently hiring for 2 positions.
The Toyota Control Room Analyst position provides a Team Member with the opportunity to build a solid foundation in the Toyota Production System (TPS) and “Just-In-Time” principles. Team Members will be exposed to Toyota’s world class production facility with a focus on vehicle throughput management across the Weld, Paint and Assembly shops. Direct interaction with the production shop-floor will strengthen our Team Members operational skill-set while Project assignments will allow our Team Members to develop strong Leadership, Project Management and Presentation skills. Team Members can continue to shape their Career Development aspirations within the Production Control Silo by building upon the technical strengths developed in the Control Room and apply them towards other areas of the Supply Chain.
What You'll be Doing
Daily Management (70%):
- Plant wide monitoring (Central Hub) of the Lexus RX, Rav4 and Rav4 Hybrid production lines with real-time analysis of internal vehicle inventory levels and down-time condition impact.
- Production line stop/start recommendations with timely and accurate company-wide communication (production down-time escalation) and condition reporting.
- Vehicle Order Processing – monthly, weekly and daily vehicle order acceptance into Toyota’s production control build sequencing system including change management analysis and vehicle progression tracking.
External Operations (Sequence Suppliers):
- Direct support of component parts sequencing with multiple near-site (local) Suppliers including system set-up, data transmission, change management and on-time delivery confirmation.
Projects (30%): Assigned Lead to projects such as Model Year changes & yearly Shut-down planning as well as self-driven activities and tasks that support data analytics to advance Toyota’s business condition.
Career Development: Willingness to develop both an operational and project skill-set that is transferable towards Supply Chain Management opportunities.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Post-Secondary Education with preference in Mathematics, Business, Science or Engineering
- Toyota Production System (TPS): Willing to learn and apply TPS principles to daily responsibilities.
- Quantitative Analysis: Strong aptitude when working with numbers and calculations.
- Computer Capability: Proficiency across Microsoft Office applications as well as possess a strong aptitude to learn new systems that contribute to future designs and improvements.
- Problem Solving: Ability to identify and interpret complex issues in implementing sustainable solutions.
- Innovative Mindset: Ability to visualize processes and technological improvements and develop proposals for action.
- Self-Motivation: Ability to complete tasks and assignments through to fruition.
- Organization: Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team Mindset: Strong interpersonal and team building skills (ability to work with-in a team, across multiple sections, departments and companies while considering various levels of Management and Stakeholders).
- Dedication: Flexible to support rotating shifts (bi-weekly), daily overtime based on the business condition and a willingness to work at both the Cambridge or Woodstock Plants.
- Travel: Comfortable travelling independently in North America and Overseas
TMMC as an Employer of Choice
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2019 – TMMC has been named to this national list for 15 consecutive years
- Canada’s Family Friendly Employers 2019
- Canada's Greenest Employer 2019
- Waterloo’s Top Employers for 2019 – annual competition recognizing exceptional places to work
- 16 J.D. Power and Associates Plant Quality Awards
- Team Member volunteerism reward programs
- Strong United Way Supporter – TMMC has raised over $10 million for the UW through our annual campaigns
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: