|Title:||Total Rewards Specialist|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
TOYOTA MOTOR MANUFACTURING CANADA INC.
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the top quality Toyota Corolla, RAV4, and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h. We have been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years.
The world-famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
What We Offer
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Free onsite 30,000 sq.ft. fitness facility
- Employee & Family vehicle discounts
- Social Events
- Full Service cafeterias including Tim Horton’s
The Compensation Specialist will act as a subject matter expert by advising and coaching others on compensation related matters. You will be responsible for providing input, analysis, support and recommendations from a compensation viewpoint. This role focuses on the implementation and continuous improvement of existing compensation policies, programs and processes.
- Gather data and benchmark information for compensation programs
- Complete job evaluation documentation, information gathering, analysis and consultation for salaried roles
- Monitor compensation data to maintain internal equity, pay equity and compliance to policies, procedures and any applicable legislation
- Ensure programs and policies are in compliance with corporate law and government regulations, including Pay Equity
- Respond to inquiries to ensure understanding and compliance to guidelines, procedures and system issues
- Provide input and recommendations for new or revised compensation policies
- Calculate cost of programs and analyze labour cost competitiveness
- Lead and support implementation of new Total Rewards programs and policies
- Prepare proposals to meet strategic objectives, considering all impacts
- Develop systems to administer compensation programs
- Communicate and interact with all levels of management
- Support overtime as required to meet business needs
- Primarily working in Cambridge
Desired Skills and Experiences
- University Degree or College Diploma with a focus on Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics or another technical field, and/or a Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- 3-5 years proven work experience in strategic planning, data analysis and manipulation
- Knowledge of Pay Equity legislation is preferred
- Compensation experience preferred
- Possess advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Access and Word is essential
- An aptitude for working with numbers
- Proficient in reviewing request for quotes to establish improvements related to Company benefit programs
- Possess skills to identify problems and bring solutions to problems
- Proven ability to prepare proposals for change, and summarize recommendations.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong knowledge in systems development and process capability – Project Management
- Be comfortable in presenting and interacting with all levels of the organization
- High accuracy and attention to detail is critical, as work is of a highly sensitive and confidential nature
- Be highly motivated self-initiator
- Provide time management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills to meet specific deadlines
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.