|Title:||Quality Control Systems Specialist|
|Location:||Cambridge and Woodstock|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the top quality Toyota Corolla, RAV4, and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h. We have been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years.
The world famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
The Quality Control Systems Specialist is responsible for implementing automation with the latest technologies to optimize efficiencies, traceability and eliminate waste. In this role you will have an opportunity to apply your computer & PLC programming knowledge through hands on problem solving and development of applications/automation solutions. You will also have the opportunity to work with multi-disciplinary teams to resolve process or equipment engineering concerns.
- Determine project scope, objectives, benefits, feasibility and show cost and time requirements
- Automation troubleshooting, cycle time reductions, and new equipment installation calibration
- Perform quality analysis, test, diagnosing and monitoring various systems for detection and correction of errors/operating deficiencies
- Standardize and continuously improve through investigation and analysis with the end user/internal customer
- Lead capital investment projects and managing all aspects of execution (i.e. budget, schedule, install, commissioning and buy-off)
- Lead process simulation/bottleneck analysis for productivity/quality improvements
- Provide expertise and solutions for process capability improvements
Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree or College Diploma: Computer Science or Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Computer or Manufacturing)
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Exposure to Object Oriented Development languages and IDE’s
- SQL query writing on local and enterprise systems
- Read, understand, modify and program PLC code
- Moderate experience with Vision equipment programming & Automation
- Exposure to creating an integrated design and construction of a fully functioning manufacturing work cell
- Understanding of all phases of the System Development Lifecycle
- Intermediate knowledge of computer systems/hardware and network set-up and configuration
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven problem identification, problem-solving and follow-up skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Works well in a team and dynamic work environment
- Multi-disciplinary experience in resolving process or equipment engineering concerns
- Ability to work well in a team but also work independently with limited supervision
- Knowledge and experience in the application of SPC (Statistical Process Control) as an analytical tool for process improvement
- Must be able to support overtime and shift work when required
- Ability to support travel as required. To legally able visit the U.S.A.
- Be willing to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.