|Employment Group:||Skilled Trades|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
TOYOTA MOTOR MANUFACTURING CANADA INC.
We value the hard work and dedication of our Skilled Trades team. We’re a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock. Not only are we one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America, but we also produce some of the most highly-demanded gas and hybrid vehicles in the industry –from the Toyota RAV4 to the Lexus NX. This is your chance to join a company that’s centered around continuously improving and achieving more than you ever thought possible.
The world-famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and ongoing training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The results of our company stem from hiring committed, self-motivated team members, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
We see the value in learning from each other. That’s why we inspire collaboration and team building at every turn. Working with a variety of experience professionals, you’ll form meaningful relationships, gain mentorship and expand your knowledge. And with both formal and on-the-job training, you’ll get the support to reach your goals – and keep setting new ones. Around here, every day is new, exciting and packed with opportunities.
Here’s a look at what else we offer that makes us stand out:
- Starting rate of $27.65/hour and $46.09/hour once fully certified
- Plus, you will earn an afternoon shift premium of $2.30/hour, a night shift premium of $4.61/hour, paid overtime and an annual bonus
- Flexible Health Care Benefits starting on date of hire
- Competitive Defined Contribution Pension with contribution matching by TMMC
- 19 Paid Days off during the year in which their first anniversary falls, plus 5 Company Designated Holidays that generally fall between Christmas and New Year
- Tools and equipment provided
- Allowance for uniforms, safety boots and all PPE supplied
- Family is important - maternity and parental leave program has Employment Insurance (EI) top-up
- Career support through reimbursement for professional development and tuition fees
- Vitality Wellness App that encourages and rewards you for living a healthier lifestyle
- Company Diversity and Inclusion business partnering groups
- Employee & Family Vehicle Discounts
- Develop friendly and long-lasting relationships through social events and an on-site fitness facility
The goal of the program is to have you become a fully qualified 442A Industrial Electrician or a fully qualified 433A Industrial Millwright with a Certificate of Qualification (Skills Ontario). TMMC provides a comprehensive support program that includes full tuition payment, employment continuance while at school, materials support, and additional training resources. Along with this support, you will be responsible for your successful progression through your apprenticeship. In this role you will be working in a fast-paced, team oriented, and flexible manufacturing environment and will learn how to successfully operate within a multi-skilled workplace.
What you’ll be doing
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment in accordance with standardized procedures
- Learn to troubleshoot and test hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment and systems (involves circuits, relay logic, wiring, motors, servo drives, etc.)
- Learn to write, program, troubleshoot, and modify programmable controllers, robotics, and other electronic equipment
- Learn to work with logic controllers and robotics
- Learn to troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment
- Learn to troubleshoot, replace and/or repair machine components including cylinders, pumps, motors, spindles, fixtures, slides, valves, gears
- Learn to weld and perform sheet metal fabricating
- Perform basic administrative skills including computer data entry and documentation of work performed by written and electronic methods
- Perform routine scheduled activities
- Participate in and provide On the Job Training with / to other maintenance team members
- Support production processes
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Diploma in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Automation Maintenance, Industrial Maintenance Technician/ Engineering Technology (learning outcomes met Levels 1 and 2 of the Electrician and Millwright apprenticeship programs in Ontario) is required
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to learning
- Electrical and mechanical aptitude/interest
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience using hand tools
- Customer centric with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated team player with dedication and demonstrates safe work practices
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and to work effectively in a fast-paced and results oriented environment
- Flexible to support rotating shifts (for example, rotating weekly – days 6:30 am to 2:30 pm, afternoon 2:30 pm -10: 30 pm and nights 10:30 pm to 6:30)
- Willing to support daily and weekend overtime requirements as needed
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock plant locations
If you have any questions, please reach out to TMMC_Recruitment@Toyota.com To promote a comfortable safe, and productive work environment, as well as to comply with all federal, provincial and/or local laws. TMMC is a smoke-free property.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.