|Title:||Materials Ordering Specialist/Production Control (12 month contract)|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the top quality Toyota Corolla, RAV4, and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h. We have been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years.
The world famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
What we Offer
- Free on-site fitness facility
- Employee & Family vehicle discounts
- Social Events
- Full Service cafeterias including Tim Horton's
What you’ll be doing
- Daily Management: Responsible for the management of approximately 500 parts from 30 North American suppliers
- Abnormal Parts Management: Management of overflow and short part situations
- Project: Support project assignments (20% Project)
- Supplier Management: Monitor abnormal conditions; coordinate crisis recovery and make recommendations
- University Degree in Business, Mathematics, Supply Chain or Science
Desired Skills and Experience
- Toyota Production System (TPS): Willingness to learn and apply TPS
- Logistics: Ability to apply analytics to a supply chain environment.
- Computer Skills: Strong Microsoft Office skills, as well as an aptitude to learn
- new systems is essential. Advanced MS Excel and/or Access skills would be an asset.
- Self-Motivation: Ability to complete tasks through to fruition
- Team Mindset: Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Organizational Skills: Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- and multi-task
- Problem Solver: Ability to interpret complex issues and implement sustainable
- Communication: Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility: Mindset to provide a wide range of support activities in a dynamic
- Calculations: Strong mathematical aptitude
- Travel: Comfortable to travel independently in N America and Overseas. Must be legally eligible to enter the USA
- Dedication: Able to support daily overtime based on business condition and willingness to work in either Cambridge or Woodstock
- 15 consecutive years
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.