|Title:||Engineering Specialist, Assembly|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the top quality Toyota Corolla, RAV4, and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h. We have been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years.
The world famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
The Engineering Specialist – Assembly will be responsible for project implementation, KPI achievement (ergonomics, quality output, and process efficiency/cycle time improvements) and resolving shop problems through root cause analysis and Toyota Business Practice problem solving. Your clear communication skills and cross functional team approach will allow you to work effectively with TMMC team members in continuous improvement initiatives. This role provides technical leadership and collaborates with operations and maintenance to ensure performance targets are achieved for his/her assigned process area. Just as the company is known for knowledge and best practice sharing, the Engineering Specialists are also given the opportunity to develop training plans to share their knowledge in an area of expertise.
- Drive continuous improvement of manufacturing activities through detailed analytical reviews, process automation and fixture/tooling design
- Lead kaizen projects with emphasis on cost reduction, cycle time reduction, material flow, quality improvements and efficient manufacturing processes
- Lead capital investment projects and manage all aspects of execution (i.e. budget, schedule, install, commissioning and buy-off)
- Manage process improvement projects, support the Quality department and lead the implementation of changes to improve all manufacturing processes
- Monitor process and equipment performance to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Strategize goals and targets to meet department objectives. Prepare and present to senior management in department reviews.
- Further develop our lean production process to optimize throughput
- Technical lead for cross functional teams to troubleshoot process/quality/equipment related issues and to help render all processes more efficient
- Lead product and process failure investigations to prevent defect flow-out
- Evaluate process equipment and tooling requirements, define specifications, lead procurement and successful integration into plant floor operations
- Co-ordinate external skilled trades / supplier activities
- Investigate and address issues to ensure safety & ergonomic concerns are resolved in a timely manner
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Mechanical Engineering Degree (P. Eng eligible)
- Minimum 5 - 7 years’ experience in assembly plant manufacturing (automotive preferred) with high emphasis on process design, setup improvements or kaizen (industrial engineering type applications)
- Understanding of equipment design and function (Mechanics, Pneumatics, Hydraulics and Control Systems)
- Strong problem solving skills related to quality and productivity KPIs in assembly (automotive preferred)
- Experience using statistical and analytical methods such as SPC and DOE for process optimization and quality improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-disciplinary experience in process or equipment engineering concerns
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Leadership skills with proven track record to drive and implement changes
- Self-driven and takes ownership of responsibilities
- Understanding of current and applicable manufacturing standards and practices (Machine Guarding, OHSA, Pre-Start Health & Safety Review (PSR), Electrical Code)
- Advanced MS Office Excel skills
- Day Shift, with afternoon shift and overtime support as required
- Periodic domestic and international travel as required
- Must be flexible to situated in both Cambridge and/or Woodstock facility
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.