|Employment Group:||Skilled Trades|
|Location:||Cambridge and Woodstock|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the top quality Toyota Corolla, RAV4, and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h. We have been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years.
The world famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
What we Offer
At Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada, our operations provide a dynamic environment that challenges and rewards your technical skills. When you work at TMMC you work with the best. Our plants, our people and the vehicles we build have won many of the industry’s most prestigious awards.
- Starting Pay: $39.84 per hour, plus rate increase after probationary period, shift premiums and overtime pay (as applicable)
- Semi-annual bonus
- Health Care Benefits and Vacation Pay
- Skills Development opportunities
- Special Equipment, Safety Equipment & Tools
- An allowance for Uniforms
- Access to onsite fitness centre
- Clean and safe working environment
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee and family vehicle discounts
- Social club events
- Full service cafeterias including Tim Horton’s and Panago
- Over 3,000,000 square foot clean industrial facility
The Operating Engineer will, under the direction of the Chief engineer, operate and maintain power plant systems for the safe and efficient delivery of high-pressure steam, chilled water, and compressed air to Toyota Motor Manufacturing production environment and standards.
- Operate and maintain power plant equipment including: gas turbine generators, heat recovery steam generators, steam boilers, hot water boilers, steam and electric chillers, compressors, water and wastewater plants and auxiliary equipment
- Must work in accordance with TSSA OE / B&PV Regulations 219-01, 220/01
- Perform preventative maintenance activities to ensure uninterrupted service to the plant
- Develop operation, safety, and maintenance procedures or assist in their development
- Analyze problems and take appropriate action to ensure continuous and reliable operation of equipment and systems
- Switch from automatic to manual controls and isolate equipment mechanically and electrically to allow for safe inspection and repair work.
- Maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance, and safety activities, including water test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance work.
- Monitor key performance indicators and highlight abnormalities
- Assist in continuous improvement activities including safety, uptime and reliability, energy conservation
- 24-hour, 7 days per week operation with 12-hour shift schedule
- Work in accordance with all of TMMC’s TSMS H&S policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with TMMC’s ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2nd Class Operating Engineer Certificate of Qualification
- Minimum 5 years of power plant experience
- Combined Heat & Power systems experience preferred
- Millwright and IMT certifications considered an asset for this position
- Computer literate including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to multi-task and change priorities as required
- Able to work in a team oriented environment
TMMC as an Employer of Choice
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers – TMMC has been named to this national list a total of 11 times over the past 15 years
- Canada’s Family Friendly Employers 2015 –one of the country’s top family friendly employers
- Waterloo’s Top Employers for 2015 – annual competition recognizing exceptional places to work
- 14 J.D. Power and Associates Plant Quality Awards
- Team Member volunteerism reward programs
- Strong United Way Supporter
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.