|Title:||Vehicle Quality Engineering Analyst|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. Our plants currently manufacture the best-selling Toyota RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h vehicles, and will also soon be building the popular Lexus NX and Lexus NX Hybrid models. Recognized year after year on the global stage for manufacturing quality by our customers, we are also recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
The world-famous Toyota Production System (TPS), a philosophy of continuous improvement, and on-going training enable each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to innovate and achieve team goals. We are looking for engineers that are excited to join us as we advance the next-generation in-vehicle and manufacturing technologies that keep us at the automotive forefront.
What we offer
- Compensation package includes overtime pay, annual bonus, flexible benefits program and defined contribution pension plan
- 19 Paid Days off during the year in which your first anniversary falls, plus 5 Floating Holidays that generally fall between Christmas and New Year
- Maternity and parental leave program has Employment Insurance (EI) top-up 5
- Reimbursement for professional development and tuition fees
- Employee & Family Vehicle Discounts
- Social Events and an On-Site Fitness Facility
The Quality Control (QC) Engineering department is responsible for supplied parts quality and final vehicle quality throughout the vehicle life cycle – from design development input, through to mass production and field quality. You will be responsible for ensuring your vehicle module consistently meets all the design and performance expectations (Modules: Powertrain, Chassis, Electrical, Interior, Exterior, Body, Paint). This is a dynamic role that involves more than 50% hands-on problem solving.
What you will do
- Manage portfolio of supplier parts for assigned vehicle module: quality Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), design and supplier change points, and root cause analysis investigations
- Oversee suppliers through the Toyota Supplier Quality Assurance Manual (SQAM) Part Approval and change management processes by ensuring that all design and quality requirements are met
- Support training of QC Engineering Analysts in standard QC modules
- Support Suppliers through critical quality flow out events by managing escalation meetings, onsite support and verification, and review/approval of root cause and countermeasures
- Support deployment of the Quality improvements (hoshin) within TMMC
- Manage/facilitate vehicle assurance strategies (unintended interior noise, water leak, emissions, etc.)
- Support cross-functional problem-solving activities related to product design, supplied part, in-house manufacturing processes, and inspection processes
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent degree is required
- Must meet the educational and character requirements for P.Eng. license eligibility
- Minimum of 1-3 years of engineering experience in a similar role is required (such as Product, Quality or Manufacturing Engineering); will consider relevant co-op and summer employment experience
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to complete complex investigations and gain consensus
- Demonstrated critical thinking using Toyota Business Practice (TBP) methodology, hands-on problem solving and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to support multiple projects or assignments with autonomy and accountability for results
- Strong sense of Toyota values and customer service in daily activities
- Ability to adapt to multiple challenges and quick changes in priorities
- Knowledgeable in at least 1 vehicle module (Powertrain, Chassis, Electrical, Interior, Exterior, Body, Paint) with fundamental understanding of vehicle design structures and QC processes is preferred
- Able to support travel within North America and to Japan
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock plant locations
To promote a comfortable, safe and productive work environment, as well as to comply with all federal, provincial and/or local laws, TMMC is a smoke-free property.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.