|Title:||Plastics Engineering Analyst|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. Our plants currently manufacture the best-selling Toyota RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h vehicles, and will also soon be building the popular Lexus NX and Lexus NX Hybrid models. Recognized year after year on the global stage for manufacturing quality by our customers, we are also recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
The world-famous Toyota Production System (TPS), a philosophy of continuous improvement, and on-going training enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The results of our company stem from hiring committed, self-motivated team members, with the ability to work together to innovate and achieve team goals. We are looking for engineers that are excited to join us as we advance the next generation in vehicle and manufacturing technologies that keep us in the automotive forefront.
What We Offer
- Compensation package includes overtime pay, annual bonus, flexible benefits program and defined contribution pension plan
- 19 Paid Days off during the year in which their first anniversary falls, plus 5 Floating Holidays that generally fall between Christmas and New Year
- Maternity and parental leave program has Employment Insurance (EI) top-up 5
- Reimbursement for professional development and tuition fees
- Employee & Family Vehicle Discounts
- Social Events and an On-Site Fitness Facility
In this role, you will be very hands on in daily problem solving, and turn-key projects that include planning, investigation, and implementation. In this role, you will also be responsible for driving activities connected to Toyota’s 2050 Environmental Challenge and the Global Sustainable Development Goals (i.e. Life Cycle Analysis, Recycling, and Emission/Water Reductions). Your critical thinking, resilience, and kaizen mindset will help you succeed in this role. You should also bring a strong team-first mentality, and be able to work with cross functional groups.
- Monitor process and equipment performance to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Support kaizen projects with emphasis on cost reduction, and machine cycle time reduction
- Support yearly capex projects with focus on equipment refurbishment and replacement
- Collect and archive legal documentation, to ensure equipment safety and compliance (Pre-start Health and Safety Review, Lifting Device certification, etc.)
- Develop innovative solutions to improve recycling of manufacturing plastics (polypropylene, thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU), etc.)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics or Manufacturing) or equivalent degree is required
- Must meet the educational and character requirements for P. Eng license eligibility
- Minimum of new graduate with related engineering co-op experience to 2 years’ of related engineering experience after graduation is required
- Experience working in a high-volume manufacturing environment preferred
- Previous experience with Paint/Plastics is an asset
- Understanding of equipment design and function
- Multi-disciplinary experience in process or equipment engineering
- Data analysis experience required
- Demonstrated ability to think critically
- Proven hands-on problem solving and project management skills
- Service orientated, hands-on type individual
- Willing to support daily and weekend overtime requirements as needed
- Possible travel to USA and Japan (1-2 times/year)
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock plant locations
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.