|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. We are one of the largest Toyota Motor Manufacturing facilities in North America and we produce the top quality Toyota Corolla, RAV4, and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h. We have been recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for multiple years.
The world famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The success of our company stems from hiring results-driven, self-motivated individuals, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
The Resource Planning Specialist will provide support and guidance to the production shop on preparing and managing budget throughout the year through cost and variance analysis.
- Support in preparation of annual operating budgets, capital investment budgets, new model project plans and workforce plans.
- Monitor monthly actual spending to plans and analyze variances; reporting out monthly results to Manager/General Managers.
- Understanding productivity impacts on shop labour costs and explaining variances.
- Support shop in developing cost kaizen ideas and supporting/reviewing projects.
- Gentani (usage) reporting for scrap, indirect materials, raw materials and total working time.
- Supporting parts and components of physical inventory and fixed asset inventory.
Desired Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Business, Accounting or other related education AND/OR holds or working towards an accounting designation.
- 3-5 years of Cost Control/Cost Management experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills. Knowledge of SAP, Access and Power BI would be an asset.
- Attention to detail with the ability to achieve deadlines and continuous improvement mindset is essential
- Enjoys new challenges and opportunities presented with working in a face paced, dynamic work environment.
- Knowledge of Toyota Way in Finance, Practical Problem Solving and P.D.C.A. preferred.
- Must be comfortable in presenting and interacting with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of productivity and its impact on shop labour costs.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a team environment – Highly self-motivated, decisive and well organized.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical skills.
- Average 10-20 hours of overtime per month depending on the time of year.
- Possible travel to North America affiliates.
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock
TMMC as an Employer of Choice
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2019 – TMMC has been named to this national list for 15 consecutive years
- Canada’s Family Friendly Employers 2019
- Canada's Greenest Employer 2019
- Waterloo’s Top Employers for 2019 – annual competition recognizing exceptional places to work
- 18 J.D. Power and Associates Plant Quality Awards
- Team Member volunteerism reward programs
- Strong United Way Supporter – TMMC has raised over $10 million for the UW through our annual campaigns
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.