|Title:||Operating Engineer (2nd Class)|
|Employment Group:||Skilled Trades|
|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. Our plants currently manufacture the best-selling Toyota RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h vehicles, and will also soon be building the popular Lexus NX and Lexus NX Hybrid models. Recognized year after year on the global stage for manufacturing quality by our customers, we are also recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
The world-famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The results of our company stem from hiring committed, self-motivated team members, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals
What We Offer
- Starting rate of $41.84/hour and after 6 working months, a full rate of $44.04/hour
- Plus, you will earn an afternoon shift premium of $2.20/hour, a night shift premium of $4.40/hour, paid overtime and an annual bonus
- Flexible Health Care Benefits starting on date of hire
- Competitive Defined Contribution Pension with contribution matching by TMMC
- 19 Paid Days off during the year in which their first anniversary falls, plus 5 Company Designated Holidays that generally fall between Christmas and New Year
- Tools and equipment provided
- Allowance for uniforms, safety boots and all PPE supplied
- Family is important - maternity and parental leave program has Employment Insurance (EI) top-up 5
- Career support through reimbursement for professional development and tuition fees
- Vitality Wellness App that encourages and rewards you for leading a healthier lifestyle
- Company Diversity and Inclusion business partnering groups
- Employee & Family Vehicle Discounts
- Build friendly and long-lasting relationships through social events and an on-site fitness facility
The Operating Engineer will, under the direction of the Chief engineer, operate and maintain power plant systems for the safe and efficient delivery of high-pressure steam, chilled water, and compressed air to Toyota Motor Manufacturing production environment and standards.
What you’ll be doing
- Operate and maintain power plant equipment including: gas turbine generators, heat recovery steam generators, steam boilers, hot water boilers, steam and electric chillers, compressors, water and wastewater plants and auxiliary equipment
- Work in accordance with the Technical Standards and Safety Authority Operating Engineer/Boiler and Pressure Vessel (TSSA OE / B&PV) Regulations 219-01, 220/01
- Perform preventative maintenance activities to ensure uninterrupted service to the plant
- Develop operation, safety, and maintenance procedures or assist in their development
- Analyze problems and take appropriate action to ensure continuous and reliable operation of equipment and systems
- Isolate /Lock Out Tag Out equipment mechanically and electrically to allow for safe inspection and repair work.
- Maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance, and safety activities, including water test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance work.
- Monitor key performance indicators and highlight abnormalities
- Assist in continuous improvement activities including safety, uptime and reliability, energy conservation
Desired Skills and Experiences
- 2nd Class Operating Engineer Certificate of Qualification
- Minimum 5 years of power plant experience (operating and maintaining gas turbine generators, heat recovery steam generators, steam boilers, hot water boilers, steam and electric chillers, compressors, water and wastewater plants and auxiliary equipment)
- Working knowledge of Technical Safety Standard Authority Operating Engineer / Boiler & Pressure Vessel Regulations 219-01, 220/01
- Computer literate including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to multi-task and change priorities as required
- Able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends
- Willing to support daily and weekend overtime requirements as needed
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock plant locations
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Combined Heat & Power systems experience preferred
- Millwright and IMT certifications considered an asset
To promote a comfortable, safe and productive work environment, as well as to comply with all federal, provincial and/or local laws, TMMC is a smoke-free property.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.