|Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please advise us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.|
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) is a world-class automotive facility with manufacturing plants located in Cambridge and Woodstock, Ontario. Our plants currently manufacture the best-selling Toyota RAV4, RAV4 Hybrid and the Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h vehicles, and will also soon be building the popular Lexus NX and Lexus NX Hybrid models. Recognized year after year on the global stage for manufacturing quality by our customers, we are also recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
The world-famous Toyota Production System, a philosophy of continuous improvement and on-going training, enables each Team Member to work towards their highest potential. The results of our company stem from hiring committed, self-motivated team members, with the ability to work together to achieve team goals.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package including overtime pay and annual bonus
- Flexible health benefits plan after 12 weeks; including Medical, Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance and a Health Care Spending Account
- 12-Paid vacation days, including 1-week in July
- Vitality Wellness App that encourages and rewards you for leading a healthier lifestyle
- Company Diversity and Inclusion business partnering groups
- Employee Vehicle Discounts
- Build friendly and long-lasting relationships through social events and an on-site fitness facility
Contract ending Sept. 29, 2023
In our Facilities Engineering role at TMMC, you will support operations and maintenance of the Assembly Plant Facilities. This role is responsible for leading capital projects, energy reduction, cost control, ISO and legal code compliance, managing service contracts and supporting the daily operation of the facility.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide technical support to all aspects of the power plant’s operations
- Execute capital investment projects and coordinate all aspects of execution (i.e. budget, schedule, install, commissioning and buy-off)
- Monitor equipment performance to identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Coordinate contractor activities for project support or maintenance refurbishments
- Conduct troubleshooting and problem-solving activities, provide solutions and support for process/quality/equipment related issues
- Provide technical support to other departments such as Production Control, Quality Control, Human Resources, Information Services and Engineering Specialists in other shops
- Support U.S. affiliates by participating in technical working groups for capital projects and daily operations
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Electrical or Mechanical preferred) or equivalent degree
- Must meet the educational and character requirements for P.Eng. license eligibility
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of post graduate engineering experience in manufacturing (automotive preferred) with high emphasis on process design, setup improvements or continuous improvement initiatives
- Multi-disciplinary experience in facilities or equipment engineering
- Advanced MS Excel skills; strong aptitude in data mining, trending, analysis and reporting
- Demonstrated experience applying legal, safety, and regulatory code requirements (Pre-Start Heath & Safety Review (PSHSR), Fire Codes, Building Codes)
- Strong proficiency with technical drawings, AutoCAD and 3D imaging software
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to combine theory and practical hands-on approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Experience with control systems, networks, and programmable logic controllers (PLC’s) of various manufacturers and vintages preferred
- Demonstrated experience with HVAC controls is preferred
- Demonstrated experience with waste water and water treatment is preferred
- Willing to support daily and weekend overtime requirements as needed
- Possible travel to USA and Japan
- Must be flexible to work in Cambridge and/or Woodstock
If you have any questions, please reach out to TMMC_Recruitment@Toyota.com. To promote a comfortable, safe and productive work environment, as well as to comply with all federal, provincial and/or local laws, TMMC is a smoke-free property.
TMMC is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse team. We believe in enabling people of different ages, sexes, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, colours, races, ancestries, citizenships, ethnic origins, places of origin, and creeds to work together and realize their full potential. TMMC is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.